Sign in to follow this  

Colorado were to ride or work

hi am moving to colorado springs area in july and i am coming from new england area northern connecticut were the riding is awsome,lots of rocks,roots and mud,very challenging terr. just wondering if there are places to ride in that area similar to these?also i am a small buisness owner that repairs all makes and all years of motorcycles atvs and snowmobiles and i will be looking for work or maybe opening a shop because i have allmost 20 years of knowlegde,parts and tools and machines that i will be bringing with me. thank you and hope someone could shed a little light on this for me because it is a big move for me. wifes job is relocating.

Plenty of rocks and mud when the snow melts....A lot of good single track out here.

There are two big ATV/Motorcycle shops here in town. Rocky Mountain Cycle Plaza 👍 and Apex Motorsports which is the better of the two. There are a couple of smaller places around town.

Welcome ! Mud= no traction,alpine desert= no traction (only for different reasons) .

We have a moto trial called Cpt. Jacks that youll probably like, about 20 min. from center of the city ,true single track.

Good luck,Have Fun !

If you like off road and dual-sport riding, there is no better state, IMO. It's also heaven on a road bike.

I moved out here from Maryland back in the late 70s (was a Yamaha/Honda dealership gen. mgr and a motocrosser). I NEVER looked back.

There is just about any kind of riding you want within 1/2 day. We've got singletrack, fireroads, rocks, mud, desert . The only thing CO really lacks is some of the muddy singletrack rides through deciduous forests that you have on the east coast. But there are similar rides...without the trees so close (no sawed down handlebars!). We have big aspen grove rides that are stunning in the fall.

In spring and early summer, there is PLENTY OF MUD. Trails that are normally just rocky little jeep roads are roaring creeks. Rocks? They don't call em the Rocky Mountains for nothing. Bring your bash plate and your case guards. Desert sands? That too... With lots of rides that give you a bit of everything as you climb in elevation.

Good luck on your business plans.

If anyone could open some sort of shop on the northern side of Colorado Springs that would be a miracle, pref. a store/shop. Im sick and tired of going so far south just to have something done or pick a part up. To my knowledge there is no shop up anywhere near the Briargate area. Im quite positive that a Motorcycle store/shop would thrive up here.

But im sure I wont live to see the day.

How far are you from Castle Rock? That might be a good location -- attracting customers from both the Springs and the southern Denver 'burbs.

First, let me say that my religious experiences typically come at the top of a pass sitting on my bike looking out at 14,000-foot snowcaps under a crystal-clear blue sky. I'm not an expert on any other kind of RE.

Without getting too far O/T --The Springs gets a bad rap about its culture. I think it is undeserved. IME, it is first and foremost, a military town. Like Hampton Roads in VA or San Diego, the city's character is largely based on the fact that the AF Academy, Ft. Carson, and several other government installations are the big employers.

Second, it is a Colorado/Rocky Mountain town. Which means many of its people share a love of the outdoors and outdoors sports (like motorcycling). That also means a live and let live attitude for many who were born here or have lived here for much of their life.

I'd say the influence of the groups you imply foul it (like FotF) is minimal. I really don't hear all that much about them and have lived in the state for most of my life.

C Springs is a nice town, IMO and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone seeking a life where the riding and other outdoors sports are right in your back yard.

• Like 1