Sign in to follow this  

Is this worth it?

Well I went to get a 02' CR125 for a steal...600 got there and another guy was loading that sweet thing up....

Well found a 02' CR250 husky on CL for 1200...got there and the dude had jut washed it and took a spin down the street as I got there...he pulled in his driveway and boom down he went...hard at about 5 mph...slamed him into the ground flipped over gas wide open now and went under his truck and shelled...I was just getting my 2 yr old out of the truck...well nevermind....

So I found a 01' TE400 on CL for 1400...looks pretty clean....top end rebuilt before he got it...front hub all new bearings but other than that looks clean and totally stock...is it worth it...was thinking of offering 1200 and seeing what goes...

Too old IMHO. I am a 4 burner by preference but if that is the price your cheque book can handle at the moment then a 2 banger might be a better proposition given the potential costs of maintaining and repairning an aged 4 stroke. Good luck with your search.

Stick to the 2 banger search. Cheaper to buy cheaper to maintain and cheaper to repair. Can't knock the earlier 400's, don't know their history too well, and having said that all my dirt bikes in recent years have been four bangers, but my next will be a 2T. Will keep my te510, and just add a 2T to the mix for the tighter stuff. I am definitly leaning towards 2t's lately though.

hmm, most the pre 03 Husky thumpers iv owned have givin me years of service, and other then a camchain swap,,nothing done to the top end,,ever..

id say the 01 410 Husky would be a great bike, easy to start, easy to ride..

once you ride a good 4 stroke, youll be wondering why you ever rode a smoker.