Second Bike

Right now I have an 06 crf250r but for this season I got the suspension revalved and track tires for it, so id rather not ride it in the woods. I have always wanted a YZ250 2 stroke, and I was wondering if they made good trail bikes, i would only get the flywheel weight if it helps for riding in the woods, not because i wouldn;t be able to handle the power. also i could ride this bike if i was workin on my mx bike. Another thing, I have been lookin around at the ktm 300 xcw. How are they compared in HP and power to that of a 250 mx 2 stroke. yz or sx. Man i watched the videos about the gncc rces in the pictures and video thread, and that really seems fun to race.

Those two bikes are vastly different. YZ is a race bike, which means: Stiff suspension, racey motor, close ration trans. You can make them a great woods bike with some minor mods like a FWW, suspension revalve/resprung, skid plate, hand guards. They do have good handling characteristics, they are quick steering, light. The KTM is more of a docile 2 stroke with alot of torque and can knock your socks off if you rev it out. It is valved for the trails from the factory, and has a semi close ratio tranny. For a double duty bike that would see as much track as trail I'd go with the YZ. If it's mainly a trail machine with very little track the KTM would be my choice.