cheaper to buy a large socket set?

every time I work on my bike or car I need to buy some individual socket I usually pay over $15 (could be cheaper at sears online). Where can I buy a set of sockets from 18mm-30mm that would save me time and money. Its just a matter of time until I need a random size and need to run to the store to buy it. thanks

I always but them in sets unless I need a specific size or tool. Then I buy seperate but usually 95% of time I buy sets cause your going to need

them eventually

where can I find the cheapest large metric socket set. 18-32mm? thanks

where can I find the cheapest large metric socket set. 18-32mm? thanks

You get what you pay for. I recommend you spend the extra money for a quality brand like Craftsman, Snap-on or the like. You will never regret it.

If you still want the finest tools made in China, go to Harbor Freight. Or Wal-mart.

I have been using "GP Tools", (greys pneumatic), for some time now. I havent broken or bent any yet, even the swivels and impact allens, and I use Ingersoll Impact wrenches with 165 psi shop air. The sockets are "impact" type, not the chromies. They are made in Taiwan and are very reasonable in price. Many online sites sell them, and they have large sets like 10mm to 32mm in shallow and deep.

You get what you pay for. I recommend you spend the extra money for a quality brand like Craftsman, Snap-on or the like. You will never regret it.

If you still want the finest tools made in China, go to Harbor Freight. Or Wal-mart.

I buy nice tools when it matters. but I dont see the value of paying twice as much for a socket I use onece a year and dont torque down very hard.

this set will solve all the problems I will encounter. I prefer to buy all deep sockets so down the road if I need one I wont have to run to autozone (slim selection). 12pt. so they work with everything. I think this is the best price...free shipping too

http://www.tooltopia.com/grey-pneumatic-1726md.aspx?utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=cse&utm_term=GRE1726MD&utm_campaign=googlebase_18u

i believe the largest size on the Z is a 24mm for the rear axel, but suzuki includes a wrench for that the only thing larger is the countershaft which i believe is 26, I am a professional mechanic, i started with a 200 piece craftsman set of sockets, i still use them, infact unless you get into specialty things a kit like this is all you need to do most things http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00934260000P?keyword=260+piece+mechanics+tool+set then a good set of screwdrivers and pliers, you'll never have to worry about tools again, seriously this will do everything but a few specialty things...

the kit i put a link to has upto 22mm anything larger and you need to buy them seperatly for the most part at least, you can get wheel hub socket sets that have a few of the largest sizes you will see on a car

Unless I have a specific application for a 12 point socket I prefer 6 point. Less likely to round out the bolt or the socket.

thats a good point is there likely to be anything 12 point on a 2000 honda car or a drz? also what are 12pts. commonly used on?

i believe the largest size on the Z is a 24mm for the rear axel, but suzuki includes a wrench for that the only thing larger is the countershaft which i believe is 26, I am a professional mechanic, i started with a 200 piece craftsman set of sockets, i still use them, infact unless you get into specialty things a kit like this is all you need to do most things http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00934260000P?keyword=260+piece+mechanics+tool+set then a good set of screwdrivers and pliers, you'll never have to worry about tools again, seriously this will do everything but a few specialty things...

the kit i put a link to has upto 22mm anything larger and you need to buy them seperatly for the most part at least, you can get wheel hub socket sets that have a few of the largest sizes you will see on a car

awsome thanks. the steering nut is a 32mm, the loctite fix requires 27-26 (its good to buy the set because some bikes are different)

this set will solve all the problems I will encounter. I prefer to buy all deep sockets so down the road if I need one I wont have to run to autozone (slim selection). 12pt. so they work with everything. I think this is the best price...free shipping too

http://www.tooltopia.com/grey-pneumatic-1726md.aspx?utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=cse&utm_term=GRE1726MD&utm_campaign=googlebase_18u

thats a good point is there likely to be anything 12 point on a 2000 honda car or a drz? also what are 12pts. commonly used on?

never use a 12 point unless the bolt requires it, it will most likely strip anything half way torqued down.

i use them from time to time, off hand i can only recall using them on harley front caliper bolts...

i have craftsman everything pretty much. but i do own both sets (sae, metric) of Harbor freight deep impact sockets. they are cheap, like $15, i use them quite often, mostly on cars for about 3 years now, no damage yet... i think they go up to 1" and 24mm

anything bigger, you most likely won't need a deep socket, i grabbed the craftsman big socket sets, they go on sale all the time for $20-$30, 5 big sockets in each kit, 6-point. can't recall all sizes off hand, but they start right where the harbor freight sockets stop in size. plus my main craftsman kits have all the sockets up to 19mm.

never use a 12 point unless the bolt requires it, it will most likely strip anything half way torqued down.

i use them from time to time, off hand i can only recall using them on harley front caliper bolts...

i have craftsman everything pretty much. but i do own both sets (sae, metric) of Harbor freight deep impact sockets. they are cheap, like $15, i use them quite often, mostly on cars for about 3 years now, no damage yet... i think they go up to 1" and 24mm

anything bigger, you most likely won't need a deep socket, i grabbed the craftsman big socket sets, they go on sale all the time for $20-$30, 5 big sockets in each kit, 6-point. can't recall all sizes off hand, but they start right where the harbor freight sockets stop in size. plus my main craftsman kits have all the sockets up to 19mm.

the GP set is the same price per socket. $5 and that is the normal price on most webpages