Sign in to follow this  

Tubeless Spoked SM Wheels !!

New from SM Pro !! Tubeless, spoked supermoto rims, process must be done while building wheels. SM PRo is a division of Central Wheel in Birmingham,England. Central Wheel is a family owned and operated business for over 100 years.

For more info: 1-888-274-0886 or info@wheelingcyclesupply.com

So what's the advantage of tubeless?

Besides the obvious weight reduction of the missing tube, and definitely more important, you can now

easily fix a flat on the road with just a tubeless repair kit consisting of a Co2 cartridge and some plugs. Try carring a spare tube and tire spoons on a supermoto ride. 👍

So what's the advantage of tubeless?

lighter faster cooler.

Besides the obvious weight reduction of the missing tube, and definitely more important, you can now

easily fix a flat on the road with just a tubeless repair kit consisting of a Co2 cartridge and some plugs. Try carring a spare tube and tire spoons on a supermoto ride.🤣

i know people say horrible things about slime, but i had a flat with my tubed tire, threw in some slime, pumped it up, and it's held it's air for three weeks and a ton of miles 👍

easily fix a flat on the road with just a tubeless repair kit consisting of a Co2 cartridge and some plugs. Try carring a spare tube and tire spoons on a supermoto ride. 🙂

Well it's a trade off because those plug kits aren't considered permanent repair nor safe for high speeds. It's to get you home and then you buy a new tire. :applause:

My tube and tire spoons are in a tool kit on the rear rack of my supermoto, really not that difficult. 🤣

IF I ever get a flat (can't remember the last one on the street), I'll put in the new tube and keep on riding. 👍

They aren't really thinking of road riders with these. It's more of a clear advantage when used on a track.

And yeah, how much? Cush rear hub available?

These would still be nice on the road! less rotational mass, not to mention if you're in a hurry to switch out tires before a rip up the canyon streets, these would be swapped in a lot less time! And like was said before, swapping tires at the track will be fast too! 👍

seems that some people are making their own.

Here's what you need: A tubeless type valve stem, a large cylinder of clear silicone, a calk gun to apply the silicone with, and duct tape. That's it.

Clean the inside of the rim off very well, and let it dry. Then apply a big blob of the silicone over each spoke nipple. Let the silicone sit for a few minutes and form a "skin", but not totally dry. Then, take the duct tape (this part is much easier with two people - one to hold and secure the tape, the other to turn the rim) and tightly wrap it around the siliconed spokes. Do about 3 or 4 full wraps with the duct tape, and let it sit and cure overnight. Oh, you'll obviously have to cut a whole in the duct tape at the base of the new valve stem. Also, but some silicone around the base of the valve stem.

It sounds cheap and I was skeptical at first myself, but I figured what do you have to lose? My first test was filling the tire with 60 psi of pressure and letting it sit. No leaks. My next was a quick run around the neighborhood. No leaks. I've done 450 miles on the bike since Friday, and it hasn't lost a tenth of a PSI of pressure.

http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?t=5090&highlight=tubeless