Freak II Problem!

Afternoon Folks:

I have a problem that I have never heard or seen.I have a 94 YZ 250 that the Yam reg's helped me through a Basic Top-End,Power-valve rebuild.

Went pretty smooth-I only have about 1hr run-time.

Yesterday-I went to fire it up,kicked the crap out of it,usualy fires on 3-4 kicks.----Finally boom-back-fires thru the carb/reeds and blew the gasket out.--Small chunk across the driveway.

"Any thoughts would be appreciated"

Thank's-Ray.Toomuchcompression001.jpgToomuchcompression001.jpg

Apparently you've never tried to start a flooded two stroke.

Or stomp the gas on a carbed car before trying to turn it on. Had a fire truck at my school that we used to freak people out by doing this. Pump the gas a few times and when you crank it, BOOOOOMMMM!!!

Afternoon Folks:

I have a problem that I have never heard or seen.I have a 94 YZ 250 that the Yam reg's helped me through a Basic Top-End,Power-valve rebuild.

Went pretty smooth-I only have about 1hr run-time.

Yesterday-I went to fire it up,kicked the crap out of it,usualy fires on 3-4 kicks.----Finally boom-back-fires thru the carb/reeds and blew the gasket out.--Small chunk across the driveway.

"Any thoughts would be appreciated"

Thank's-Ray.Toomuchcompression001.jpgToomuchcompression001.jpg

small chunk of what?

Apparently you've never tried to start a flooded two stroke.

I have, and nothing happens, friggen bike will not kick over!

However, I still think that if you have timing issues, and the bike is flooded spreading fumes up into the air filter, then yea you're going to get some backfire.

Check out Throttle set screw!----Gone.Will this cause my -Crap-low-end throttle response?.Reeds are like new.The small chunk was part of the Gasket between the reeds and cylinder.And Oh ya-If I had a $ for every bike my wife and 3 sons flooded--Hell id by a new one Ha!-Ha!

ThanksYZGettenTogether024.jpg