ASV or Sunline levers

The idea of the V1 levers was a good one, but they screwed up on the bend of the lever. I just got some and they smash my fingers between the lever and grip when I pull the clutch in. I have adjusted them too, but I still don't like them. The ASV's have a better bend to them where this doesn't happen. you might want to check out the renthal intelli levers, they have the better bend, but still move up and down like the V1's. They are more $$$ though.

Heres my breakdown on all the levers.As I stated earlier I like the ARCs.Stock style bend,best quality(no slop), and a decent price.

Sunline: Good idea bad execution.The bend on the lever is odd.The material on them is suspect(bend easy) and the lever gets slop in it fairly easy.The adjuster is nice though.Also the pivot for the up and downward motion of the lever is kind of bulky and far out there.

ASV:The F3s have a good bend where the C5 levers are real flat.The older ones were just terrible IMO and had a solid 2 inches of slop within months.ASV did redesign the perch a couple months ago and it seems better.They still get some slip in them but nothing like the old ones.They also look real nice.

Renthal: Interesting bend to them.I happen to like it but I know others that dont.Perch has some slop in it after a month or so of riding.My main complaint is when riding supercross or overjumping something really really bad I got the lever to pop out of position into the downward position.That was even with the stiff setting in.

Heres my breakdown on all the levers.As I stated earlier I like the ARCs.Stock style bend,best quality(no slop), and a decent price.

Sunline: Good idea bad execution.The bend on the lever is odd.The material on them is suspect(bend easy) and the lever gets slop in it fairly easy.The adjuster is nice though.Also the pivot for the up and downward motion of the lever is kind of bulky and far out there.

ASV:The F3s have a good bend where the C5 levers are real flat.The older ones were just terrible IMO and had a solid 2 inches of slop within months.ASV did redesign the perch a couple months ago and it seems better.They still get some slip in them but nothing like the old ones.They also look real nice.

Renthal: Interesting bend to them.I happen to like it but I know others that dont.Perch has some slop in it after a month or so of riding.My main complaint is when riding supercross or overjumping something really really bad I got the lever to pop out of position into the downward position.That was even with the stiff setting in.

Out of all the levers which one do you think has the best-easiest pull to it. sounds like I will stay away from the sunline though.

Out of all the levers which one do you think has the best-easiest pull to it. sounds like I will stay away from the sunline though.

All of the levers you have mentioned are not going to help with pull very much, the idea behind all of them is to be un-breakable not so much help with pull. They all have the same hardend sleeve that contacts the pivot bolt, same as a stock lever. If you are willing to spend the money just to get an easier pull I would reccomend a hydraulic unit! If you want a mechanical unit, a works connection elite perch is your best bet. The lever has a sealed roller bearing and the tolerancles are really good between everything.

I have add all three, ARC or moose, ASV, and Sunline V1's and I can promise none of them are going to make a dramatic difference in clutch pull. That is not what they are designed for.

I think they all make the pull slightly easier.As far as they all have the hardend sleeve that contacts the pivot bolt not ture.The ARC does not have a sleeve as the actual pivot bolt screws into the lever itself.Then there is a bearing on the top that rotates the bolt and lever together.Thats the reason for the saftey wire on the perch.

I believe most of the lever all use the same basic leverage ratio so there really wont be much difference between them.Most use a CR ratio.

I think they all make the pull slightly easier.As far as they all have the hardend sleeve that contacts the pivot bolt not ture.The ARC does not have a sleeve as the actual pivot bolt screws into the lever itself.Then there is a bearing on the top that rotates the bolt and lever together.Thats the reason for the saftey wire on the perch.

I believe most of the lever all use the same basic leverage ratio so there really wont be much difference between them.Most use a CR ratio.

I didn't realize that, come to think of it I never took my ARC assembly apart before I sold it to my buddy. I will have to go look at it, now I'm curious. Either way I can tell you it didn't pull any different than the ASV F3 I had or my current V1's.

Personally I dont like the feel of a hydrolic clutch, it feels vauge. If you want a mechanical cluch that has an easier pull, look into the beringer clutch. They are pricey but you can pick up a new one for $200. The quality is superior to any clutch mentioned above and they have 2 ball bearings.

I have had asv f1 f3 and both the old and new c5 along with sunline billet levers and 2 perches, rc and axis

arc.jpg

wrongperch.jpg

cr250003.jpg

the c5s feel like canoe paddles with a pivot, f3 are better feel then the c5 but are cast aluminum and bend/break.

Nothing beats forged billet sunline, feels good in the fingers and I used the same axis perch on 3 different bikes and it is indestructable.

Not trying to ruffle any feathers but the OP asked which lever will give him the easiest pull, not what ones are more durable or unbreakable. I agree with many that ASV, Sunline, ARC and others are great levers but none of them significantly change how the clutch pulls. A stiff pull stock is still going to be a stiff pull with ASV, Sunline, ARC, ect...

I think about the only product that has worth while bearings and can actually decrease the pull resistants is a works connection elite perch. For the OP check out this link http://motocross.transworld.net/1000076277/features/product-report-works-connection-elite-perch/

Not trying to ruffle any feathers but the OP asked which lever will give him the easiest pull, not what ones are more durable or unbreakable. I agree with many that ASV, Sunline, ARC and others are great levers but none of them significantly change how the clutch pulls. A stiff pull stock is still going to be a stiff pull with ASV, Sunline, ARC, ect...

I think about the only product that has worth while bearings and can actually decrease the pull resistants is a works connection elite perch. For the OP check out this link http://motocross.transworld.net/1000076277/features/product-report-works-connection-elite-perch/

wish I would have seen this earlier. I got the ASV levers because a freind talked me in to them. I like the lever, but it pulls about the same. These ones sound like what I wanted:banghead:

THe aftermarket levers use the CR ratio to them. This is an easier pull then the stock KX/YZ and RM leverage ratios. How much? depends on the bike really and year. As these things have changed through the years.

Make sure you lube your clutch cable. Or replace it if it is old.

One that is has not been said is to buy the clutch lever & perch assembly aftermarket. Otherwise if you use the aftermarket lever with the stock perch, the perch will be a weak link. Thus the lever survives the crash and the perch breaks.

I have used the ASV F3s for years. Still have the same set after 3 different bikes and have been great units. You can also find the ASVs on E bay under their seller store with factory blemishes for a huge discount.