Sign in to follow this  

Idaho ID: Idaho City Trail

I think it's called Fisher King.....I'd also like to know where it is?...as you probably already know...IC is a maze of trails

That is the Forest King trail, and it is about 5 miles northwest of IC. I am sure that it is under snow still.

This is one of the few trails that is on the old Forest Service maps, as well as on the new MVUM map that is on the Boise NF website.

Hmmm...according to the 2010 MVUM there's not much for singletrack on the N side of Hwy 21?

Orbabill> Do you know the trail #?

Hmmm...according to the 2010 MVUM there's not much for singletrack on the N side of Hwy 21?

Just look for the forest king mine. The trail is right near there and goes from the top of the ridge down into elk creek drainage. Last time my fiancee and I rode through there we got absolutely covered in caterpillars.

Well that Idaho City ISDE has hundreds of miles on that side and you pass countless trails while on the marked trail. Most the trails for that race tend to be on that side. I would have to guess there are GOBS of single track on that side. Heck, go straight north through Idaho City and you will start seeing them. Lots to your right.

Much of it is on state land, which the usfs maps totally ignore. I'm on a grants board at parks and rec, and I gave high scores to a grant proposal for the state to start analyzing and mapping that stuff to develop a real trail system out of it.

Much of the cool smaller-and-lesser-known usfs stuff didn't survive the travel management process.

Much of the cool smaller-and-lesser-known usfs stuff didn't survive the travel management process.

That was my fear....