Sign in to follow this  

torn tire

Hi, Someone gave me an almost new tire but it's torn(see pictures). Can I repair it?

Thanks

dsc01282n.jpg

dsc01285wn.jpg

Make sure the crack doesn't get too wide though, i had a crack in my tire once and we were putting air in the tire when the tube popped through the whole like a bubble and boom...

if it's not all the way through i would probably use it, you could try taking a soldering iron and melt the tire together to help it from getting bigger, but i don't know if that would work for sure.

Ride it until it comes apart.

JM

Which will be just as it bites really good while going up the face of that 90ft triple at full throttle.

I would not run that tire, but that's just me, I tend to be a bit anal about things I think are unsafe. Your mileage may vary...

Ride on it and don't worry about it. I've been riding nearly 40 years and seen plenty of tires with cuts in them that never caused any problems.

CoKTM

If you do wnt to use it, you might try rubber cement

I'm not sure how weld it would hold up on a tire.. But rubber cement melts rubber and makes it bond

I patch tubes all the time, with cut up pieces of a old tube, and rubber cement to seal it. I re-patch tubes repeatedly tell the valve stem rips, I get years and years out of tubes and sometimes end up with 10 or more patches 👍