Rode a 450 for the first time!

Today me and my buddy went riding, and he let me ride his 08 KTM 450 SX, man was that thing fun! i was a bit to short for it but dang did it have power! made my YZ85 feel gutless! as much as i like 2 strokes, i really like these 4 strokes and would like to get a 250f, but i hear there lots of matienece.

Today me and my buddy went riding, and he let me ride his 08 KTM 450 SX, man was that thing fun! i was a bit to short for it but dang did it have power! made my YZ85 feel gutless! as much as i like 2 strokes, i really like these 4 strokes and would like to get a 250f, but i hear there lots of matienece.

Have you tried a modern 250cc 2 stroke yet?

To me it feels quicker/snappier and doesn't feel like I am riding a brute or horse on steroids with all the muscle work and fatigue.

Have you tried a modern 250cc 2 stroke yet?

To me it feels quicker/snappier and doesn't feel like I am riding a brute or horse on steroids with all the muscle work and fatigue.

no i haven't, that would be way to much bike for me, i am only about 5'5. i could barely touch the ground on that 450. if i was gonna get a 250 i would probably get it lowered a bit

if you were able to ride a 450 you should be fine on a 250 2 stroke

but what about a 125 2 stroke

yeah 4 strokes can be quite expensive if something blows but if you get a new one and keep up with the air filters and oil changes and check the valves it should be fine.

but i have a 250f and I'm going to sell it for a 250 2 stroke because of cost to keep it going.

maybe get a thinner seat to see if that helps but because your pretty short i am assuming(I'm just assuming) that your not very strong either so the weight and handling of a 125 will be awesome for your.

if you were able to ride a 450 you should be fine on a 250 2 stroke

but what about a 125 2 stroke

yeah 4 strokes can be quite expensive if something blows but if you get a new one and keep up with the air filters and oil changes and check the valves it should be fine.

but i have a 250f and I'm going to sell it for a 250 2 stroke because of cost to keep it going.

maybe get a thinner seat to see if that helps but because your pretty short i am assuming(I'm just assuming) that your not very strong either so the weight and handling of a 125 will be awesome for your.

ya i am only 5'4 and weigh about 107 pounds. but i just dont want a 2 stroke anymore thats the thing!

Yeah bud,

For sure go and buy a four stroke, but I would only ever buy new and would only keep it one season riding a 250f. Your parents are going to be spending more on maintenance products to keep your bike running 100%. If you dont have the cash to buy new bikes I would seriously consider another option besides a 250f. Are you going racing or just wanna ride trails?

Yeah bud,

For sure go and buy a four stroke, but I would only ever buy new and would only keep it one season riding a 250f. Your parents are going to be spending more on maintenance products to keep your bike running 100%. If you dont have the cash to buy new bikes I would seriously consider another option besides a 250f. Are you going racing or just wanna ride trails?

mostly trail riding, track maybe once a year. i went to the KTM dealer today, and i am going to buy a 2010 150sx, its a 2 stroke, so it wont be as much maentinece, (sorry dont know how to spell it) plus i dont know jack about matience in the first place, i can clean the air filter, change the oil and spark plug, and thats about it. so i think this 150 will be a good ride for me.

mostly trail riding, track maybe once a year. i went to the KTM dealer today, and i am going to buy a 2010 150sx, its a 2 stroke, so it wont be as much maentinece, (sorry dont know how to spell it) plus i dont know jack about matience in the first place, i can clean the air filter, change the oil and spark plug, and thats about it. so i think this 150 will be a good ride for me.

It's a snappy little bike.