Sign in to follow this  

Chinese clones to Honda parts interchange

Ok guys first thanks for any help given. Pardon me if I seem to be a chicken legged monkey farmer! LOL. What I am searching for is information on parts interchangability between a honda SL70 engine I have and a Chinese clone I removed from my sons go-cart shortly after we got it. The clone engine is a 107cc or (110) if you prefer with the alpha-numerics 1P52FMH and below that *07GL0026* stamped into the case at the area of the shifter shaft. This engine came on his go-cart with 1 fwd and reverse gearing. It was unable to pull the cart up hills etc. so I purchased a 3 fwd with reverse replacement which does the job. Now I'm building him a SL70 honda which was purchased in boxes and what I want to do is use the 110 with the honda 4 spd internal trans and semi auto clutch from the 110 or use the semi auto clutch in the honda cases with the 4 spd. The 110 also has CDI and that would be good to have. So will the 4 fwd trans. from the Honda fit the 110 or will the semi auto clutch from the 110 fit the Honda?

Thanks, GRYGRHD

There are too many variables involved to be able to give you a cut-n-dried answer to compatibility issues.

The SL70 engine is a crank mounted clutch setup, is the Chinese engine that same?

The machined(blind bearing) ends of the SL trans shafts are 13.5 and 14mm, are the Chinese shaft ends the same?

If you post some pics of the Chinese engine, some questions might be answered based on the pics.

There are too many variables involved to be able to give you a cut-n-dried answer to compatibility issues.

The SL70 engine is a crank mounted clutch setup, is the Chinese engine that same?

The machined(blind bearing) ends of the SL trans shafts are 13.5 and 14mm, are the Chinese shaft ends the same?

If you post some pics of the Chinese engine, some questions might be answered based on the pics.

Thanks drtbkr188 I'll try to gather more info.

GRYGRHD