Sign in to follow this  

The "O" ring mod...

I purchased a JD Jet Kit and it came with 2 "O" rings and instructions for their installation. Is it worth doing? I'd like to hear how it has affected the bikes of people who have done it. Also of interest was my fuel screw didn't have any kind of plug over it. Could the dealer have messed w/ it? Thanks for any input!

Do it and use the heavy o ring if it is the JD kit. Best $0.10 you will ever spend! It keeps the throttle response alot cleaner at slow speeds.

Mine was plugged. I remember having to punch it out. Couldn't tell you much about the o-ring mod, I installed mine and it ran great after. I didn't think not to install it.

I never installed the o-ring mod with my JD kit and don't miss it. My throttle wicks like a two stroke so, no complaints

Thanks for the input. I'm already into the carb, so I might as well do it. Great site w/ a lot of good info. TT helped me make the decision to buy this bike! Thanks again.

Thanks for the input. I'm already into the carb, so I might as well do it. Great site w/ a lot of good info. TT helped me make the decision to buy this bike! Thanks again.

That's what we're here for! Anything to produce another Green Machine Fan:smirk:

Well, the job is done. AIS gone, JD kit installed w/ thick o-ring and a Flex-Jet fuel screw. Started right up and runs strong! I didn't ride it hard before the mods, but adding the o-ring didn't seem to hurt. Thanks again for all the good info!