a rm250 almost beat me....

So my bike starts very easy and idols perfect with the choke pulled out it does load up. Drop the choke off and it wants to die I have to keep bumping the throttle to keep it running, this pilot circuit is kicking my A$$, rode it last weekend and my buddies rm has more bottom end and my bike has massive top end! I am going to check the timing on it probably tomorrow, I run strictly 112oct and mix 36:1 I did I long hill climb and the bike felt almost starved for fuel and almost cut out at the top, I hopped off it and hit the throttle a few times and nothing but blue smoke, checked my plug awhile after that when I was running mid to top and it was a little lean also had no spooge at alll… I have a 48 pilot 172main and stock needle on the top! im thinking of going 2deg advanced running a 45pilot and a 175main and maybe a NE3W needle on the 2nd from the top.... Any help would be awesome! I ride about 5000-9000ft mainly 5000. Oh the bike is a 2006 yz250 with a rb head and carb mod, mid-upper port, fmf fatty, 05 silencer, and boysen rad valve, gearing is 13t-47t:thumbsup:

i out weigh my buddy by 80lbs so i shouldnt be so upset but theres no way i should pull so hard on the top and not be atleast hanging with him down low!

so what do you recomend that my clip should be on? so is the fact that its running lean cause it to over rev like a cr500? ive never rode anything else that has had that much pull on top! but like i said my bottom is mushy as hell! to the point where it hits(mushy) then almost feels like it hits agian it has crazy top... should i also swith to the ne3w needle? thanks:worthy:

So my bike starts very easy and idols perfect with the choke pulled out it does load up. Drop the choke off and it wants to die I have to keep bumping the throttle to keep it running, this pilot circuit is kicking my A$$, rode it last weekend and my buddies rm has more bottom end and my bike has massive top end! I am going to check the timing on it probably tomorrow, I run strictly 112oct and mix 36:1 I did I long hill climb and the bike felt almost starved for fuel and almost cut out at the top, I hopped off it and hit the throttle a few times and nothing but blue smoke, checked my plug awhile after that when I was running mid to top and it was a little lean also had no spooge at alll… I have a 48 pilot 172main and stock needle on the top! im thinking of going 2deg advanced running a 45pilot and a 175main and maybe a NE3W needle on the 2nd from the top.... Any help would be awesome! I ride about 5000-9000ft mainly 5000. Oh the bike is a 2006 yz250 with a rb head and carb mod, mid-upper port, fmf fatty, 05 silencer, and boysen rad valve, gearing is 13t-47t:thumbsup:

i out weigh my buddy by 80lbs so i shouldnt be so upset but theres no way i should pull so hard on the top and not be atleast hanging with him down low!

I have the same mods as you and same elevation..your actually too rich and I can 100% tell your timing is wrong.

This is what you need to do, first check the timing my guess its retarded by 2 to 2+ degrees. Set it back to stock and try and see what you like better, if you adance it say 2 degree's you actually might end up with too much low end and may not like it. I ended up with 2 degree's retarded and I like it but with the race gas it might make things feel different.

Second get some new jets and needles. Go for the 42 pilot (keep a 40 handy for the higher elevations), drop to a 160 main but keep a 163 and a 165 handy for colder temps. Say bye bye to the W needle and get either the 4SR-14916-CK-00 (N3CK) or 4SR-14916-EK-00 (N3EK) or both if you have the cash, you will probly be around clip 2 on the EK needle.

Shit you might even need a leaner power jet, I going to try the 4JT-1494F-03-00 (40) this year.

Do these things and I 100% promise you your bike will be a rocket and you will have more power accross the whole power band past your buddies RM without question.

probably is gonna take longer to check my timing.. work has me slammed:banghead:, i will let you guys know what i find. i am scared to go leaner on my jetting my bike seamed lean when i pulled the plug it was whitesh and my pipe after a long hill climb was very hott... melted my glove to it normal riding tho when im bumping the throttle i can touch it usally with my bare hand:thumbsup:, i will put a 42pilot and a ek needle on the 3rd position also i will put a number 7 slide that i had cut in it and see how it does.. im almost thinking about running a larger main tho... hollywood whats your float set at?👍 thanks

I have the same mods as you and same elevation..your actually too rich and I can 100% tell your timing is wrong.

This is what you need to do, first check the timing my guess its retarded by 2 to 2+ degrees. Set it back to stock and try and see what you like better, if you adance it say 2 degree's you actually might end up with too much low end and may not like it. I ended up with 2 degree's retarded and I like it but with the race gas it might make things feel different.

Second get some new jets and needles. Go for the 42 pilot (keep a 40 handy for the higher elevations), drop to a 160 main but keep a 163 and a 165 handy for colder temps. Say bye bye to the W needle and get either the 4SR-14916-CK-00 (N3CK) or 4SR-14916-EK-00 (N3EK) or both if you have the cash, you will probly be around clip 2 on the EK needle.

Shit you might even need a leaner power jet, I going to try the 4JT-1494F-03-00 (40) this year.

Do these things and I 100% promise you your bike will be a rocket and you will have more power accross the whole power band past your buddies RM without question.

Wow, a 160 main?????????? From his description of power delivery it seems rich on the bottom but could be right on or a tad lean on top....I wouldn't drop the main, not until I at least figured out the bottom end....I definitely wouldn't drop it that much, either. My '03 likes a 175 at 5,000'......

i have a 06rm250 and my ride buddy has 06yz250 and they are so close in performance its down to who gets the better drive

no im not bashin on the rm i think it turns in way easier then my yz im just pissed because the powerband on my bike is soo wierd... also his is a 04 but im pretty sure they didnt change anything to 06... awesome bike! sorry if i offended you im just complaining about my bike...

probably is gonna take longer to check my timing.. work has me slammed:banghead:, i will let you guys know what i find. i am scared to go leaner on my jetting my bike seamed lean when i pulled the plug it was whitesh and my pipe after a long hill climb was very hott... melted my glove to it normal riding tho when im bumping the throttle i can touch it usally with my bare hand:thumbsup:, i will put a 42pilot and a ek needle on the 3rd position also i will put a number 7 slide that i had cut in it and see how it does.. im almost thinking about running a larger main tho... hollywood whats your float set at?👍 thanks

I forgot to mention I'm running a leaner slide too.... 40:1 yamalube, 91 octane with lucas octane boost.

The pipe should burn your hands, glove, etc...

RB resets your float when he works the carb so our floats should be the same.

The timing will effect the jetting so do the timing first, then rejet. It's fast and easy. Use a brand new plug after the timing is set. Then test if for the jetting.

Wow, a 160 main?????????? From his description of power delivery it seems rich on the bottom but could be right on or a tad lean on top....I wouldn't drop the main, not until I at least figured out the bottom end....I definitely wouldn't drop it that much, either. My '03 likes a 175 at 5,000'......

Cant compare as byebye and I have the RB carb and sqush done, which requires much leaner jetting.

no im not bashin on the rm i think it turns in way easier then my yz im just pissed because the powerband on my bike is soo wierd... also his is a 04 but im pretty sure they didnt change anything to 06... awesome bike! sorry if i offended you im just complaining about my bike...

Trus tme the power band is weird cause the timing and jetting, once you dial it in it will be FAST.

so i checked my timing it was 2 deg retarded.. i moved it to 3 deg advanced 👍 i just love the hit of a 2 stroke i might move it back.. went down to a 45 pilot and my air screw was 2.5 turns out so i dropped it to a 42 and now it wont drop the idol down.. also have a ek needle on clip one.. i dont know much anymore when i looked outside and saw a foot of snow today i kinda just rolled over and said FML:banghead:🤣

so i checked my timing it was 2 deg retarded.. i moved it to 3 deg advanced🤣 i just love the hit of a 2 stroke i might move it back.. went down to a 45 pilot and my air screw was 2.5 turns out so i dropped it to a 42 and now it wont drop the idol down.. also have a ek needle on clip one.. i dont know much anymore when i looked outside and saw a foot of snow today i kinda just rolled over and said FML:banghead:🙂

3 degrees might detonate.. keep a close eye on it. I doubt a 45 with 2.5 turns out to a 42 wouldnt make it so you cant idle down. My guess is your cable is snagged or your needle isnt sitting properly.

This is what you need to do, first check the timing my guess its retarded by 2 to 2+ degrees.

See what a pimp I am...👍