09 crf450 clutch pull problem

Brand new 09 450 with works connection elite clutch perch. The clutch catches way to close to the bars, no matter how its adjusted. Also seems that the clutch is always needing to be adjusted. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks

You have to adjust the slack out of the cable useing the adjust that is mid cable or so. when i put one on my bike i had to do this its no big deal. then you can fine tune it with the adjuster on the clutch perch:thumbsup:

I already played with the adjuster on the cable. The clutch starts to grab once the lever is about a 1/4 off the grip. Its pretty annoying having to use 4 fingers to grab the clutch. Its pretty annoying. The bike only has about an hour on it, and its been driving me nuts. The pull feels very spongy.

My freind broke his leg and had to have a total knee replacement. He doesn't know if he is going to ride again, so he brought over his 2010 450 and said ride it. The clutch pull is a bear to pull, but it does make a creaky noise when I pull it in. I'm going to address the issue this evening after work. Then I'll post the findings.