another hard start

hey guys i know this is the same old thing but i got a 07 250r a couple months ago had the valves gone over and all everything is good has a hotcam in it is never a sure thing that it is going to start it wont start cold and when its hot if it does not start in the first 2 kicks with the hot start i am sitting there for awhile kicking unless i could catch it in gear any input would be greatly appreciated

well ill tell u exactly what i do when its cold i usually just push the damn thing down the driveway and try like hell to catch the piece of $hit in gear but it usually dont work anyway so i getmy brother to help push it back up the friggen driveway thats the size of pikes friggen peak ok well after trying to get her running she usually fires up after 20 tries it uually stalls out right away.

hey ill give u the lowdown on how i get this thing goin after its hot and i stall it. i usually cant climb the crazy hills that my brother conquers on his lt250r. ok so i kick like crazy and nothin happens so i get pissed start cursin and get my friends to help me try to catch it in gear. so if any of u rad dudes know how to fix this please tell me before i take the damn thing to the scrapyard!!!!!! i might even burn the damn thing next time it acts up or give it to obama for the damn health care

• Angry 1

fyi my yamaha was always harder to start 👍

crazy climber- the best thing i can advise right now is to not ride the bike for a while until you take a good breather, getting mad at it will not help it start easier, otherwise it can be something simple (clogged jet, incorrect jetting) make sure your jets are correct and clean for your altitude, mods, outside temp.. kicking the bike harder will not make it start easier, in fact i can kick my bike over slowly and it will start most of the time, when cold- 2 or 3 twists of the throttle, choke pulled out, bring it slowly up to TDC and give it a swift fast kick and if it doesnt catch bring it back up to TDC and try again.. dont twist the throttle more then a few times..

If you can't even get the thing push-started then somethin's wrong.

I'd check the valves again yourself and pull the carb apart too and clean the entire damn thing out... One clogged jet and you're screwed...

Make sure the bike is getting fuel and spark. If it is then I would take off the carb and clean the whole thing out. If that doesnt fix it it's time to check the timing and valves. I would say since its not even bump starting there is definately something out of whack.