Sign in to follow this  

stroker kit

i was gonna do a 13.5 pistom in my 06 this year but thinking maybe about holding off still next year when i do a stroker crank. whats people take on that who makes a good crank? what other work needs to be done? reason y i say next year is because thats when im going to take the head off and freshin it up a bit.

How many hours on the motor? What kind of riding were those hours? Trail, racing, woods, back yard fun??? Did you buy the bike new or used?

Stroker would be vest for that kind of riding, more torque. High comp piston will give you more power and mainly more snap down low but higher the compression ratio the easier the bike will be to stall. Plus higher compression equals more heat which is bad for a mc class 4 stroke running in the woods.

Well, it seems that you're looking for a few opinions so I will share my opinion with you.

I wouldn't spend the money to change just the piston. You'll have the price of the piston, gaskets, and the other items we never think about to complete this project. if the motor has 75/100 hours of it I'm sure the crank could use a change. You'll probably get the head off and find some issues with the valves. Ect., ect., ect. It always happens.....

Even if you found all the above defined issues and only changed out the piston and left everything else to be changed later (when you did the stroker crank) you still added extra stress to these worn/used parts by adding the high compression piston. How much longer do you think these parts are going to last in this scenario? Answer, unfortunately, not long. Then, not only are you out the blown motor but the brand new parts you just bought as well.

If you want to build a "hot rod" motor do it from the ground up. Do the crank, cylinder, head everything all at once.

Also, a motor is nothing more than a pump, pumping in and pumping out air. To really get the "full" effect of your high compression piston you'll really need to let more air in. Theres a air-box mod. If you let more air in and you have a high compression piston you'll really need to let more air out. Theres an exhaust system. Now that you're letting more air in and more air out and changing the compression you'll have to re-jet. Theres a JD jetting solution. It goes on, and on...

The point is, building a "hot rod" motor is very costly. Even after you've done all this work and done everything just perfect how long do you think this motor is going to last before needing to be rebuild? Hot rod motors are under a lot more stress than a stock motors therefore, reliability and durability is what it cost you. Unfortunately, this calculates in to dollars-dollars-dollars in both the short tern and the long term for "non-sponsored" folks like you and I.

If you want to spend some money on your bike maybe think of it this way.

1) Do the air box mod, put in a JD jetting solution, put a after market exhaust system that matches your type of riding. Then, as far as motor mods go, call it done. You'll have great running motor that should last you a long time that reliable, durable, and most important, cost effective to ride. Sounds like the perfect bike, doesn't it?

2) Suspension, suspension, suspension. You can build a motor that will go a hundred-miles an hour but if you can't hold on to it after fifty-miles an hour whats the point?

Bottom line. If you want a fast bike spend your real money and efforts in bike setup. Suspension. Add cost effective, simple motor mods that don't cost you the reliability and durability of the machine. I think you'll be much happier in the end and will defiantly have more money in the bank.

Just an opinion. Hope that helps, bro!!

i have a full white brother exhaust im putting on have the loud mouth intake system already, suspention was done by factory connection and head work is done by pr2. think im gonna do my exhaust and je jet kit now wait till next year to do a stroken and piston and send the head out for freshing up. but running a stroken with high comp piston good? what crank?