Sign in to follow this  

Washington Reiter Foothills Restoration Work Party April 3rd

We will meet at 9:30am in the main gravel lot. There will be a safety talk and volunteer orientation. This will be a Restoration effort and will require digging in logs for waterbars, dragging branches into trail surfaces, transplanting vegetation.

Please bring if you can:

Hard Hat

Safety Glasses

Ear Plugs

Glloves

Boots

Shovels

Pick Mattock or Pulaksi

Small SledgeHammers

Rain Gear

Water and Food for the day

**Chaisaws may only be used by DNR aproved personel with the proper safety gear (Hard hat, face shield, ear muffs, chaps, etc.)

Unfortunately that is one of the busiest weekends of the year for the Stumpjumpers. We all have to be in Odessa preparing the Desert 100 site for the thouands that will show up, and then of course the following weekend is the event itself.

One would think that the DNR would not schedule something like this during the single largest event of the year for one of the major 'stakeholder' groups, i.e., dirt bikers.

Unfortunately that is one of the busiest weekends of the year for the Stumpjumpers. We all have to be in Odessa preparing the Desert 100 site for the thouands that will show up, and then of course the following weekend is the event itself.

One would think that the DNR would not schedule something like this during the single largest event of the year for one of the major 'stakeholder' groups, i.e., dirt bikers.

Self fulfilling prophecy. If dirt bikers don't show up then they must not be interested in Reiter Pit. Seems like a strategic move by DNR really. 👍

Most of the scope of work looks more like trail closing procedures.

Really, if they'd wanted us to stay away, they'd have it scheduled for the 10th. That'd just about ensure that all dirtbikers in the state would be busy...either at the D100 or the other event at Tahuya...then it would be a conspiracy fer sher...

I'd better put my time where my mouth (keyboard?) has been though. I'll see if I can't just make this work party. I'll get my bike ready through the week instead of on Saturday as I'd planned. Just need to change a rear tire, and put on new chain and sprockets.