SSR125 Carb Issues?

Well, I recently got me a SSR-125 Pitbike off KillerMotorSports.com. Decent bike except for the problem I just came across. It was my third time riding it in a field and came up onto the pavement and noticed a whole lot of gas leaking out the overflow tube from the bottom of the carburetor. Parked it, yanked it apart and fixed that. Only needed to tighten up some screws, but ever since it started leaking the gas it won't run with the choke off. I can keep it running and idling fine with half choke or full choke. Yanked the carb apart countless times and cleaning it with no success. I've tried adjusting the idle, and was doing some research on changing the throttle pin level. I can't figure out how to adjust that. I know the little black thing is around the throttle piece inside the carb but I'm afraid I'll pull something loose and not be able to get it back together. Also, ever since I got the bike it would always give out when at high rpms. Would have to switch gears to keep it from bogging. Wouldn't die, but once I changed gears it would be fine. Even in fourth gear I can't give it completely full throttle without it acting like it wants to get less RPMs or something.

Does anyone have any diagrams or anything on the carb for this bike? Want to know how many screws the main/idle jets should be to make sure those are correct as well.

um the main jet and low speed jet should be tight as for your air mixture screw id try to start between 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 out from snug also to adjust your needle u have to pull the carb cap off and pull the slide out under the spring is a retianer clip that holds down the needle pull the retainer clip slide the needle out and on a clean flat bench moove the c-clip down 1 notch on the needle and try that

when u got this bike did u drain the shipping oil and locktite all the bolts? it's a must do if not it could be why it doesnt run right the crapy oil that comes in these isnt desinged to be run

hope this helps

um the main jet and low speed jet should be tight as for your air mixture screw id try to start between 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 out from snug also to adjust your needle u have to pull the carb cap off and pull the slide out under the spring is a retianer clip that holds down the needle pull the retainer clip slide the needle out and on a clean flat bench moove the c-clip down 1 notch on the needle and try that

when u got this bike did u drain the shipping oil and locktite all the bolts? it's a must do if not it could be why it doesnt run right the crapy oil that comes in these isnt desinged to be run

hope this helps

Wont Run Right With Crappy Oil?????????Oil Wasnt Designed To Be Run ????

read the whole post TROLL!!!!!!👍

THE SHIPPING OIL IS GARBAGE

Oil Can Be Crisco & Wouldnt Cause A Runnung Issue ..Get A Clue......The oil In China Engines Isnt The Best .. But in 25+ Years Of Bike Riding/Building Never Had One Run Better After An Oil Change!!! Staggs Sounds Right On Target With Possible Plastic Residue In Carb. & Make Sure You Didnt Upset Float Level When Bowl Was Removed Also.

Edited by scooterpimp

When I purchased my Xtreme back in 04 I had the same problem. The problem is with the jets in the carb! They might not be the correct size I had my mechanic figure out what size was correct and for $75 bucks diagnosing and for the jets installed I never had the problem again and the bike ran like an animal. DOnt get me wrong I pulled of the carb 10 times, adjusted the needle setting, adjusted the idle screw about 100 times and nothing worked. I dropped it off and the new jet did the job never bogged down again even at full throttle.