Sign in to follow this  

Go Pro corrupt file

So my friend filmed me for 3 laps or so using my go pro camera and when he got back to the truck he accidentally turned the camera off instead of stopping the video.....I tried to watch the video but it sais the codec is wrong.

Has anyone else ran into this problem or know how to fix it??

I did some sick whips and I gotta see em!!

Have you been able to watch the movies on your computer before?

Can you locate the file, right-click it, go to properties and tell me what it says for file type:

its an Mp4 file

all the other vids work fine its just that one that wasn't stopped properly....

i've tried quicktime vlc and windows media player.....

i'v read that vlc can correct the problem with corrupt files but I cant figure it out!

you will need to find a video converter... and most of the video converters if you dont pay for them have a watermark (larg logo in the middle of the screen) so you might have to buy one...

When you do not end the recording by stopping it with the stop button (turning the unit off or running out of battery etc) it will give a signal on the LCD of SOS or 505 for that recording.

What you do is when you see that on the LCD you press the top button that you use to stop the recording and it will close the recording and you can now play the vid. The SOS will flash and then stop showing the vid recording number, this indicates it has closed the vid and it is now ready to view.

A corrupt file will not show a preview (nor will it play) the others will when viewed on your computer. It also depends on how you are downloading the vid to your computer, is it via the cable or are you taking out the SD card and inserting it to your computer.

In computer terms it is like ejecting a CD while it is still writing to it. It needs to close it off correctly before you can read it.