titanium or stainless steel valves

ok I've seen a lot of threads on this topic but i wanted to clarify everything. i just bought an 04 honda crf 250 and the guy who i bought it from said he just replaced the valves. so i rode it for two hours and now i need to replace the valves, and possible put a new piston in. he may have put them in wrong i don't know, i probably should have checked them before i rode. but i heard that stainless steel valves are more reliable. i know you also need to buy different springs. but how often do you need to re-shim the ss valves?.

i heard that the titanium valves you need to re-shim them every like 15 hours, is this correct? and do you need to re-seat the valves every time you re-shim them?

i don't really race competitively, just a few local races. so from what I've heard is that only if your an A racer or a fast B racer you wont really notice a difference. am i right? i don't like taking the bike apart a whole lot so are the ss valves the right choice?

and besides the valves on the crf's are they reliable bikes?

If your racing I advise not to run SS (personal experience as well as others) but if your occasional racer/trail rider then go for it (at least with the SS intake kit) you need to recut the seats everything new valves are installed, when re-shimming the valves (doesnt matter if they are Ti or SS) theres no need to re-seat the valves.. just pop in the correct shim and go.. the clearance should be checked every 15-20 hrs but they will not require re-shimming every time.. after alot hours and your valves "zero" out and you reshim your going to need to start looking into a top end.. some valves will last between 5 minutes to 5 hrs before zeroing out again..