Wanted '01-'02 CR250

Why do you want an 01-02 specifically? I know in these parts, they are very few and far between, and when someone is selling them, my budget is about a grand too short.... Ha Ha

You could get any late model WR 250, ditch the electrical stuff, lighter fly wheel, a CR ignition, and a 19 inch rear (if you want) and you have yourself a CR 250. The WR has the same engine and gear box, just a little adjusting to make the snap a little less violent.

check craigslist.com 2000-01 crs ae the same bike except the carbs. 02-04sare the same except a couple new plastics and tps on carb (04')

False. All '01 models had the head tube moved up 12mm on the frame which made a noticeable difference in the handling. Many other small improvements swingarm etc. I would avoid the '00. I had both. Also, it would cost a lot to convert a WR to a CR, more than a bike of this age is worth.

I imagine this comes down to personal perception more than anything.

?? Perception? More like cubic dollars unless all parts are sourced used. Anyway, great bikes and they pop up from time to time. Seem more pleantifull than WR's. Now THAT may be personal perception!

­čĹŹ