The 30 Second Wiggle....

So last night I got to go to my 1st Arena Cross in Denver at the Coliseum....had a really fun night...the races were good, the crowd seemed excited, the little kids riding were cute, the FMX was neat....and the Monster Energy girls were front and center ?

I mean seriously....the annoucer and the guy shooting t-shirts had to help them walk up the finish line jump and back down all because they had these knee high stilleto boots on.....I don't think they bring anything to the show other than their lack of cleavage....the husband agrees ?

If they are suppose to promote the sport why don't they dress the part ( in Monster Energy gear, shirts, etc) instead of like blonde bimbos....if they had had on actual boots they could have walked up that jump without assistance no problem.

What does anyone else think of these 30 Second Wigglers? Just curious..

Here is the 1 picture I took of them for some reason?

101_2045.jpg

Yeah, I could do without! What was it, Daytona? They had a gal on there wearing a t-shirt and jeans, and I thought she looked way better than the trampy trash look with those rediculous boots, arm protection that should only be worn by ballet dancers in tutus (and the ballet dancer's arm guards look better) and rediculous outfits. The outfits are not flattering to anyone that I've seen yet.

The Monster girls really downgrade the sport, IMO. The girl in t-shirt and jeans was cute, and still looked 'hot' in a wholesome way. I thought this was supposed to be a family sport?

I "get" the reason for the 30 second girls ? but I feel really sorry for them stumbling around in those high heels in the dirt. They should at least have motocross boots on and those cool thigh high B/W checkered socks(um, I want some myself:D).

I will also say that the only comment I've heard in general about the Monster girls is that they do look SKANKY. And this is from guys who like to take their kids for the family thing, so it will be interesting to see how it evolves.

I do think there needs to be some gender equality though, where is the cutie 30 second GUY for the girl's races??? huh? huh? have the racer guys take their shirts off and give holding up the board a whirl:D I bet that would do wonders for their fan appreciation!

It doesn't seem to me that the skirts are as short as they were... maybe they are toning it down a bit ?

The thing that gets me is that they don't even seem to be interested in the sport... it is strictly a paid performance. A few races back they had twins for the lights start holding the 30 second board. As they pulled the camera shot out and caught the start the twins were walking off the track and they just kept walking. You would think that the noise alone would make you turn your head. I mean, how many people could be 2ft away from a supercross start and NOT turn their head and watch it???

Completely ridiculous waste... they really add nothing to the sport. I agree with YamaMama, I've seen the cute ones wearing jeans and even a tied off Jersey, much more appealing. Didn't they have that cute blond mx racer doing interviews and hanging around last season (MISS arenacross Lyndsey Scheltema.) way cute, great smile.. looked like she was having fun. Why not put some amateurs up there at least the can get some exposure and it puts them front row in a sport that they obviously love and follow. Or at least can spell.

My wife tries to guess which 30 sec girl shaves or waxes her armpits.. its amusing.

I vote her for next season, in all honesty she's way hotter than any of them and had 5 kids....

You all sound like a bunch a old folks. Every motor sport has "Umbrella Girls" and every NFL team has cheerleaders. Every boxing match has the girl holding up the round #.

I agree that they add nothing to the sports but a little eye candy never hurt anyone ?

I "get" the reason for the 30 second girls ? but I feel really sorry for them stumbling around in those high heels in the dirt. They should at least have motocross boots on and those cool thigh high B/W checkered socks(um, I want some myself:D).

I agree...they should wear real boots....at the Arena Cross we were seated right above the " podium" area and every time the little chicky prom proms got close i would say very loudly " Wear some real boots!" haha:smirk:....I would have yelled but I didn't want to make a scene or something...The sport is kind of showed as a family event but yet they have skanky looking girls out there...if I had kids I would not want them to see that and think that dirtbikes and related events are all about ...especially little girls...they should be worried about kicking the boys butts on the track..not trying to get some headhoncho in bed with her so she can hold the wiggle sign..

On a lighter note.....Who all got to go to Arena Cross here in Denver?

So last night I got to go to my 1st Arena Cross in Denver at the Coliseum....had a really fun night...the races were good, the crowd seemed excited, the little kids riding were cute, the FMX was neat....and the Monster Energy girls were front and center ?

I mean seriously....the annoucer and the guy shooting t-shirts had to help them walk up the finish line jump and back down all because they had these knee high stilleto boots on.....I don't think they bring anything to the show other than their lack of cleavage....the husband agrees ?

If they are suppose to promote the sport why don't they dress the part ( in Monster Energy gear, shirts, etc) instead of like blonde bimbos....if they had had on actual boots they could have walked up that jump without assistance no problem.

What does anyone else think of these 30 Second Wigglers? Just curious..

Here is the 1 picture I took of them for some reason?

101_2045.jpg

As a flaming heterosexual, I am OK with it. :applause:

PMX,

In case you've been in a cave for last, like 50 yrs SEX (okay, showing skin!) sells. Plain and simple!!

Look at most every commercial on TV and you'll see it!!!

And if hubby or any other male here says they ain't looking (at the Wigglers), well they ain't a male!!!!

Now as for the Wigglers at the events, heck replace them with drag strip lighting for all I care. (yeah, that's the ticket.......you lie!!!)

Don:thumbsup:

Yes, sex sells, but you can be subtler about it and less blatant and be fine. Those Monster girls DO look skanky... wouldn't you rather see a nice, wholesome looking gal (albeit a large-breasted one)? They can dress more appropriately and still sell the sex appeal angle. (now come on, I recall podium photos from something with the girls wearing riding jerseys... they weren't clad in goofy leather outfits and still got the point across)

Yes, sex sells, but you can be subtler about it and less blatant and be fine. Those Monster girls DO look skanky... wouldn't you rather see a nice, wholesome looking gal (albeit a large-breasted one)? They can dress more appropriately and still sell the sex appeal angle. (now come on, I recall podium photos from something with the girls wearing riding jerseys... they weren't clad in goofy leather outfits and still got the point across)

How is this for less blatant? I like it ?

fotw-3-10.jpg

Edited by meyermetal

Its true it is a family sport to go watch, but unfourtuantely, sex does sell. All the mx riders wether its supercross or motocross, for the amount of time and effort they put in, still don't get enough exposure like lets say NFL or MLB. You need something to sell it even if it is the monster whores! I do like that idea of having the female mx girls giving the guys the trophy's cuz that would be great exposure to them.

Yes I know sex sells..unfortunately....the sport does need more publicity like football, bball, etc but couldnt they atleast not look like whores....most of the cheerleaders dont look like that but oh well..thats for the big head honchos to decide and not the spectators ?

Yes I know sex sells..unfortunately....the sport does need more publicity like football, bball, etc but couldnt they atleast not look like whores....most of the cheerleaders dont look like that but oh well..thats for the big head honchos to decide and not the spectators ?

That sounds a lil harsh... While agree with you about the boots and such, it's not the poor girls' fault. They are just part time semi models hired by a marketing company for a couple hundred bucks a day and they are just trying to pay the bills and maybe build a portfolio. THEY don't have any say in the outfits. That's Moster's decision. Those harsh word should be directed to them, preferbly in an email, where you might actually get a response instead of picking on the poor girls' tryin to make a living..just sayin..