Sign in to follow this  

Bigger rear sprocket on the 2010 sxf450

I was reading in MXA that they had changed the rear sproket on their 450. Having just raced on a tight track with jumps right out of the corners I was wondering if that would get me a little more punch off the bottom so I could dorner in a higher gear. Anyone tried it yet? How'd it work and what size sprocket. Wondering if I should go up 2 teeth.

I´ve used 53T (one tooth bigger) on my 450 SXF´s since forever. What you need to do is get a JDkit and fix the carburation together with that 53T rear and you´ll be overjumping those out-of-the-corner jumps.👍

What is the stock ratio on a 2008 ktm 450sxf? (Sorry for the side topic)

I geared mine taller by adding a tooth to the front. Let's me use 1st gear for starts and I can even clear ~40-50 ft obstacles in that gear. I was riding yesterday on a bigger out door track and was easily getting a fairly tight out of turn double in 3rd (~ 60ft). There's a ~ 100+ step up right after and I was having trouble getting over it in 3rd. Maybe it's my weight (160# naked) but, that gearing works for me. Stock gearing makes 1st a pit gear only for me. Also, stock gearing on that same track has me rapped in 4th a lot.

Where did you get your 53T - On KTM Hutt the only choices for their rear sprokets are 52 or 54.

I run ,and have been doing so since -03, Ironman sprockets front and rear. Best sprockets on the Planet. Period. End of story.No question. Hands down. Definitely. Cross my heart..👍🤣

I run ,and have been doing so since -03, Ironman sprockets front and rear. Best sprockets on the Planet. Period. End of story.No question. Hands down. Definitely. Cross my heart..👍🤣

+1 for Ironman sprockets, longest lasting sprocket i've ever used, and i've had them on many bikes:worthy:

I run ,and have been doing so since -03, Ironman sprockets front and rear. Best sprockets on the Planet. Period. End of story.No question. Hands down. Definitely. Cross my heart..👍🙂
+1 for Ironman sprockets, longest lasting sprocket i've ever used, and i've had them on many bikes:worthy:

Thanks for the advice. I'll be sure to go that route next time around.🤣

I am running the 14/53 setup on mine. no carb mods yet. I was wanting more bottom too. This setup gets it almost there. I bought a couple of blow-outs on rockymtn on their 54 tooths but have not unboxed them. I will probably send them back. I am used to the 53 and think 54 would be too much. I can rail ruts in 3rd....plus a little clutch action if needed to get it out on power.

hum, not sure what sprockets to get mine. running 14/52 stock, need to change soon. I know it sure pulls hard in 3rd 4th on large tracks. My small track at home, I am in 1 st quite a bit, 👍