Sign in to follow this  

Wiseco rebuild kit 2002 450R

Hi everybody

I am checking out a old 2002 CRF450R with alot of issues and a think i can get a relly nice price on it. It has been standing for a long time and the owner are letting me investigate the bike before giving him a offer to buy it.

Among other things it needs a new crank assembly since the flywheel tappet is damaged. I have seen Hotrod rebuild kits and Wiseco rebuild kits online but i am a bit confused. The Wiseco rebuild kit (WPC138) is designed to fit CRF450R 2004-2007. I really do belive that it also fits 2002-2003 but i am not sure.

The conrods, main bearings, seals, gaskets etc. seems to be interchangable from 2002 - 2007 but does anyone know if the crankshaft.

(The Hotrod kit is stated to fit 2002 - 2008)

Kind Regards // Per

If you're in a hurry, I found those WPC138's to be in very short supply, which sucks because it's a crazy good deal. I'm not sure what differences are from cranks over the years, but you should probably include case bearings (balancer, crank, trans), top-end, and timing chain in your estimate of what it will cost to overhaul the bike before purchase.

Yes, the bike needs lots of other parts aswell:

* Piston kit

* Camchain

* Clutch cage cushins

* Pretty much every bearing in the gearbox / motor

The top end seems to be OK, stainless intakes already fitted.

What happened was that the clutch cushins intigrated and filled the gearbox with debree, killed the balancer shaft bearings and right hand crankshaft seal and leaked dirty oil into the left hand side of the motor.

The damaged crank seems to be the result of a "diy-mechanic" and is an older damage.

If anyone can confirm that the Wisecokit fits a 2002 model it would be much appreciated.

// Per