1981 XT250 to 350 conversion

Hi!

I'm new to this forum. I have a 1981 XT250 that's getting tired. New cam chain, rings, etc required to bring it back into shape. However, I used to own a Yammy DS7 250, and discovered that the RD350 barrels, pistons and heads fitted straight onto the 250 crankcase 👍 - same stroke. Does anyone know if the same mod can be done with the XT250? I recall reading somewhere that the stroke of the 350 is the same as the 250.....

Cheers,

Max

if you want to do this, you need the cylinder/top end from a 350 cc yamaha quad. everything is in the same spot as it is on the xt250. have not tried to put one together but a site member did one up in a yz frame in the vintage section.

• 7 months later...

Hello, I have 2005 yamaha scorpio. It has 225cc displacement and i think it has the same engine as xt225. I've done some engine mods about 2-3 months ago and it did work at first and blew up later on. I'm thinking about replacing the blew up parts with xt350. Therefore, a few question bothering me:

1. Is the xt350 crankcase same as xt225?

2. How much i must spend for complete head (incl. cam, valve, seals, gaskets), piston-ring, and cyl. jug?

I life in Indonesia and it's almost impossible to have these xt350 items without importing. This is the pict of yamaha scorpio:

this is the 2005-mid 2010 models

scorpio.jpg

this is the late 2010 models

Yamaha-New-Scorpio-Z-2010.jpg

I doubt it.

I haven't tried it so I can't say from experience, but I wouldn't hold my breath on it, either.

The XT-350 and TT-R250 use a 4-valve cylinder head.

All of those engines you mentioned don't look like they're based on one another.

I doubt it.

I haven't tried it so I can't say from experience, but I wouldn't hold my breath on it, either.

The XT-350 and TT-R250 use a 4-valve cylinder head.

All of those engines you mentioned don't look like they're based on one another.

okay, thanks for answering. Maybe i'll just replace it with stock parts. Thanks again!