2 Stroke 500's

yeah 450's may be faster in nearly all circumstances, easier to ride and have better suspension

If you still believe this, go and check out Motocross action's test on the Service Kawasaki's KX 500. Using an ex-pro and a track he had done plenty of laps on his CRF 450 at, they tested the Service Kawasaki KX 500. This ex-pro was 2 seconds a lap faster on the KX 500 than he was on his CRF 450. If there was not a displacement advantage, the four stroke would not have the market share it currently has. Commonly referred to as the four stroke handicap.

👍

you just said the reason EX-PRO

i doubt your average rider will be faster on the 500, as many people cant handle the power of a 450.

but i hate 450's and like 2 strokes and it be awesome if all of a sudden honda and kawasake started making there 2 strokes again(full size bikes)

the big bore 4 strokes are almost the same now anyway, ie fe530 or a ktm 530

not to mention the 250sx is almost the same power now, stock

i hate to disagree, but i just got a new '09 Husky TE510...race prep, pipe, all the do-dads. don't get me wrong, it is an awsome bike with all the power in the world. i took it out for a "spirited" ride and had a ball....parked it and immediately hopped on my '00 KX500 for a little jaunt....there is NO substitute for a big bore 2 stroke:thumbsup: absolutely apples and oranges, but i'm glad to have both in my stable

i hate to disagree, but i just got a new '09 Husky TE510...race prep, pipe, all the do-dads. don't get me wrong, it is an awsome bike with all the power in the world. i took it out for a "spirited" ride and had a ball....parked it and immediately hopped on my '00 KX500 for a little jaunt....there is NO substitute for a big bore 2 stroke:thumbsup: absolutely apples and oranges, but i'm glad to have both in my stable

I didnt say 510, I said 530 !

the big bore 4 strokes are almost the same now anyway, ie fe530 or a ktm 530

not to mention the 250sx is almost the same power now, stock

👍

Have you ever ridden a CR or a KX 500? I can tell you that my friends 99 cr 500 is way mor powerful than a KTM 530, even though the KTM is a freakin beast. It is hard to describe the power of a 500 smoker... but if i had to I would say "PURE, UNADULTERATED HORSEPOWER":eek:

I also heard there was an rm400? I'm not certain on any of them but i thought they did exist.

There was a YZ490, but I've not heard a good thing about it, the IT490 was better, but still funky. The RM400 was known for its ability to suddenly change the ignition time a launch the rider off the back of the bike. I wouldn't recommend either. Stick with the CR500 or KX500. They're tried and true.

JM