Sign in to follow this  

250f vs. 450f

i am looking to get either a honda or kawasaki. i was looking at the new 450f but was wondering if it was going to be too much bike for me. but i think the 250f wont have enough power to stay with the people i ride with. they all ride 250 two stroke and 450. i ride alot of open places and alot of hill climbs. what bike should i go with?

450, i wish i never wasted my time with a smaller bike. i had an 85 125 now a 250 2t and OH MY GOD. best thing i have ever rode lol. the power makes a small bike look like a fool. i rode a 250 f and my girlfriends crf230f feels faster. go big er go home.. or get your ass smoked. yer choice lol

I ride a YZ450f in woods singletrack, open trails, and hill climbs with no problems at all. Dirt Bike Magazine just did a test for the best MX bikes for trail riding and the Kawasaki came in second. KTM in first. Honda in third.

They also had the suspension for the bikes revalved for trail riding rather than MX so you may want to look into that aswell.

go for a 250 2s or get a 450

eventually youll probably want more power with a 250f, very fast track bikes and single track but get on the dunes and open spaces the 250's and 450's will eat it up

well, if you ride stuff like me (I see you're also in PA) then a 450 is sometimes a little to much. such as woods riding. if you get a 250f with some bolt-ons, it should do ok. but if you like hill climbs, 450 don't sound to bad.

it depends on what bike you are coming off and how big you are. If you came of a 125 playbike a 450 will kill you i ride a 250f and keep up fine with 450's and 250 2t's. Hardly anyone can ride a 250f to its full potential let alone a 450.

when i trail ride my buddies have 450's and 250 2t's and i have no problems staying with them. Most people cant ride a 250 to its full potential and you will be surprised at how fast it is. Also if you are smaller (no offense) a 450 might blow you off the back of the bike. Another thing you have to consider is that the 450 weighs more and is more expensive.

yeah definetely true how 250f are often ridden faster

but he said hill climbs and open places thats why i said 450 or 250 2s