Sign in to follow this  

Hot 2010 450sxf?

so we finally have some spring weather here in mi. put some fresh fuel in the bike and battery, got it runnin and it poped back, kept stalling also in the shadows of the garage the head pipe would trun red, so i gave the idle fuel adjust screw a half trun out and that seemed to helf solved the popping but if the bike is idle in garage with door open lights out the headpipe truns red you really can't notice it in the sun . i never noticed that on my 04 450 but never really looked .

also found that you must remove the fuel tank to get at the plug to find i could come up with no combination of tools to get into the top of the head with the frame rail going overtop.

i did look in my tool kit for any special socket,nothing! *** ? gonna call the dealer

Don´t worry about the red pipe. That´s totally normal. Your -04 had a mild steel header and the red glow isn´t as visible as with the Ti header your current bike is equipped with.

You need to remove the tank in order to get to the spark plug. The tools kit is supposed to have a SP socket in it.

thats what i was thinking, i will be calling the dealer when they open and goin there to get the tool kit straight! thanx villektm