can a 1997 cr125 motor run with newer 125 2 strokes?

Hello,

I've recently decided to race motocross with my 1997 cr125. I'm a first year racer. The bike has a pro circuit expansion chamber with an FMF silencer.

Can my 1997 honda cr125 motor be competitive with a newer 125 of any make, on the track?

I can't find much information on a 1997 anywhere.

Thanks for all your help in advance!

You bet! My goal is to get into a bit better shape, then I plan to use my 96 CR250 for some local MX and AX. The bike should be just fine.....it's me that I am worried about....Ha Ha

Good luck and have fun! 👍

I see a 96 CR250 around pretty often (bike looks brand new every time too...) and he rails on quite a few people (he sandbags a lot of races though... A rider picking on B and C riders lol. But he does well in the A class so...), he doesn't seem to have any issues with picking on the new 450s, talked with the guy and he swapped the suspension out for newer 450 forks / shock (not sure of the year, 04 I -think-) but the motor has some work done (exhaust (FMF fatty / shorty), radvalve, some CDI (don't remember what he said, 99 CDI I think...), PC porting, etc...) but that's about it.

i have a 97 cr125 and the the straight up hauls just put new vforce 3 reeds n plkatinum pipe and factory 304 on it . its awesome i have had it for years and will never get rid of it one of the best 125s i ever rode - leave the steel frame

• Like 1