Sign in to follow this  

R pipe X pipe

when i bought my bike it had an R pipe and the stock silencer on it. I did the CCC mods and rode it for the season, enduros and hare scrambles tight technical stuff in the northeast. I bought an FMF X megabomb and the powercore silencer. My first ride i didn't have the bushing to hook up the X megabomb so rode the R pipe with the powercore it had a lot more power with the powercore ,the next ride i had the X Megabomb and the powercore a huge difference in the bottom end power it perfect for where i ride.$450 for an exhaust is the best bolt power you can spent.

I don't know man.....I'm glad it worked out for you and you are happy with the set up, but I'd have to respectfully disagree about spending $450 for maybe an extra 1-2 horse power. The biggest advantage of getting rid of the stock X muffler is the weight. The thing weighs 7lbs....I believe the R can weighs 3 1/2lbs or something close to that.

In my opinion the best bolt on mod for the X is swapping out the cam.

Better mods than a pipe.👍

Springs front and back, if you weigh more than 130lbs

Bar risers if your over 5'9" tall

Fork Bleeders

Skid Plate

Bet you already have those though don't ya....

Oh and I agree but I wouldn't do a cam without doing the pipe and the rest of the CCC mods.

Oh yea almost forgot. Proper Jetting.... is better than a pipe too.👍

I have done the CCC mods and i have had my suspension redone by Factory Connection i did a post on my suspension and said how much better my bike turned i only got 1 response it seemed that not many people thought that was a useful post.My bike is set up perfect for enduros and this pipe gave it more bottom end. I don't want to swap my X parts for R parts because of where and how i ride.I don't get the opportunity to do much play riding i take my bike racing and i have all the little do dads to make my handle the tight technical enduros and hare scrambles in the northeast I'm sure it much different then riding out west