Uwharrie / Sat. April 3

I and a buddy are planning to ride there this Saturday. It'll be his first time there & my 3rd, though I haven't visited the place in 15 yrs. A fellow TT'er from further north in VA might make the trip as well.

Anyway, if any of you "locals" will be there & want some company, it's always nice to follow someone around who knows the trails. Weather forecast looks outstanding!

Let me know how it was guys. Some friends and I will be going riding and camping next weekend. Were all the trails open? Looks like you are having great weather and the trails should be dry.

Just got home from URE and it was a great. Trails, weather and company were A+, traffic was not really heavy considering it was opening weekend. Lots of quads and posers in daddies jeep. Sped66 should have about 3hrs of video to edit. All the trails were open.........only got to see one truck on its side. ๐Ÿ‘

Glad you had great time. Nice pics. I would enjoy seeing any video footage if you felt like sharing. How was Daniel? Did you climb the knarly steep section? I'll be praying for no precipitation between now and then.

Glad you had great time. Nice pics. I would enjoy seeing any video footage if you felt like sharing. How was Daniel? Did you climb the knarly steep section? I'll be praying for no precipitation between now and then.

We came up the back side of Daniel, and there was a rig that had flopped at the bottom. You can imagine how long the line was below that. I've got some video, but my video card won't support it since it's HD and large. I'm hoping to get that resolved soon and hopefully post some of them. All the other trails were great, the bottom of Dutch John had some loose rock which made it "entertaining" making the turn.

Trails, weather and company were A+

I couldn't agree more. Wow, what a day! Gotlabs gets a big thumbs up from me & Keith. The trip wouldn't have been the same without ya for sure. Swell guy and can really handle that BRP. ๐Ÿ‘

Here's a few snapshots I ripped from my video footage.

duoc.th.jpg horsesl.th.jpg rolled.th.jpg jumpdp.th.jpg waterpn.th.jpg

Sped66 should have about 3hrs of video to edit.

I dunno how many hrs I have total, but it's 83 files & 7.1gb of footage. Splicing together a compilation vid is gonna take some time.๐Ÿคฃ

I would enjoy seeing any video footage if you felt like sharing.

I'll likely upload a raw clip or two this evening & post the links here.

Yeah great time for sure. Heres a pic of the "unethical" wheelers that were there. To elaborate on this pic, we followed these 4/5 vehicles for almost 10 minutes, we passed several pull off areas but they refused to allow us to pass. Once the trail hit a wide area, they stayed on the regular area and I passed them. The heep in the pic didn't even slow down as I came by to pass them. Will they rant on some website about the "sorry ass dirt bikers this weekend", I hope so cause I've got the entire evolution on video and can prove they were sheet heads.

pass-1.jpg

Gotlabs I know exactly what you are talking about. Those 4x4 groups can be tough to get by sometimes. I like being creative, make my own trail, like it looks like you were doing and blasting by. I've found out if you really want to ride the trails with no traffic and not be scared about what might be around the next corner, you need to be the first on the trails early in the morning.

Gotlabs I know exactly what you are talking about. Those 4x4 groups can be tough to get by sometimes. I like being creative, make my own trail, like it looks like you were doing and blasting by. I've found out if you really want to ride the trails with no traffic and not be scared about what might be around the next corner, you need to be the first on the trails early in the morning.

Yeah, we hit the bypass/camping area to pass them. They actually cut sped66 off. I've wheeled at URE for several years and have never displayed the assinine behaviour I saw this past weeekend. ๐Ÿ‘ I referred to them as "jeeptards", since they/we refer to atv'rs as "quadtards" I think it's fitting.

I agree that early mornings and weekdays are the best time to ride bikes at URE.

SpED66 Nice video clip. Looks like climbing to the top of Daniel just before the steep section. I'd recongnize those rocks anywhere.

That was right after the near miss, coming up the back side of Daniel.

Well to be fair, 99% of the 4x4 folks were very gracious about letting us pass. I won't let a couple of bad apples taint my memory. If that's the worst that happened, and it was... unless you count the swarms of flies, then I'd say we had a great day! ๐Ÿ‘

Editing the HD footage on my ancient pc is a royal pain...but I think I'm finally getting somewhere. I hope to have a 10 minute compilation vid up by tomorrow night for anyone interested. It highlights about half of my footage but I hope to wrap it all up with a second vid soon after.

There are three parking areas. Here is a link to a trail map which shows the parking areas

http://www.cs.unca.edu/nfsnc/recreation/uwharrie/index.htm

The one located off of 553 is located in the middle of the trail system. I wouldn't recommend parking at the end of Daniel off of 555. There is a very steep section of Daniel that you hit shortly after leaving the parking lot. I like to get warmed up a little bit before I tackle the hardest hill climb at Uwharrie. Or if you like camping grab a spot trail side that you can get to.

All trails are shared, so you never know what might be around the next corner.

Oh yeah, you can get a trail pass (i think $5 per day or $30 per season) at either of the 2 gas stations on Hwy 109 right by the road that leads to the trails.

Everything DirtyDogg posted. ๐Ÿ‘

We parked at Wolf's Den & have no complaints with that location. Unless you count copious amounts of dust from passing traffic. But you'll likely get that no matter where you park. DO NOT leave your truck windows open or even cracked! And yeah, whoever leads must be on high alert when approaching blind curves on the trails. Especially now that foliage is filling in.

We aim to visit Uwharrie again once or twice a year. We're thinking a weekday would be best for future trips. Pretty busy place on the weekends it seems. Take a camera or you'll wish you had. You'll see some neat stuff there for sure. (Stay tuned for my next vid.)