Sign in to follow this  

DRZ400 Windscreen

Yep, check my garage, ran mine for about a year until I went to a taller seat. Now I need to remount it if I am doing any long rides. Its very nice.

If they have updated the headlight cover get that too, it will save you a $75 lens if yours gets hit with a rock.

i bought the cee bailey for my FZ1 and loved it. however, i hated the one for the DR650SE. in fact, i returned it. horrible. wind hit me right in the face. huge mistake. i now run a shield that attaches to the bar, much better. do you think i could remember the damn name? NO. i know it is better than the memphis shades Hell Cat, which i had on another small bike. that name is on the tip of my tongue but OH, it's a SPITFIRE. not sure who makes it. tucker rocky or parts unlimited sells it. 50 bucks. love it, however, i did have to fabricate longer rods that go from the shield to the handlebars. haven't tried them yet, too cold. you can buy longer rods from the company but i was bored and it was a challenge. ok sorry to bore you. hope you like your cee bailey. they do make quality items.

I plan on using it for the early spring & late fall riding, when temps are FREEZING in the morning & night. Any help keeping the upper body/neck warmer is MUCH APPRECIATED!! I was looking at the Headlight Cover, BUT, I run the PIAA & I'm afraid it might MELT the Lens Cover. Those PIAA run MUCH HOTTER & BRIGHTER:thumbsup: than the OEM Bulb.

I plan on using it for the early spring & late fall riding, when temps are FREEZING in the morning & night. Any help keeping the upper body/neck warmer is MUCH APPRECIATED!!

Wear warm clothes.

I do, but when early temps are around 20+ degrees with wind, it wears on you...

Have you tried thermal bike clothes? They work a treat for me.

I have that samw screen. It works very nice. It throws air over shoulders. Get a little noise in helmet. I use plugs often. It's a great buy. Used mostly for commuting.

I think the windscreen makes a huge difference if you have a helmet that allows much air into your face. If you have a helmet that blocks the wind from sucking the warmth out of your nose and eyes, you don't need a windscreen, you need a warm jacket. If you've got a dual sport or MX helmet, that windscreen can make a big difference.