Must make quick decision

Get a 2010 300XC $800 cheaper than a 2010 450SXF,i know where one is. I am 42 nov/int mx and desert rider. Been on 4 strokes since 2002. Do I stay or switch over to the 2 stroke? Man this is tough. I just here so much good about each bike. Both bikes are being shipped. need to transfer money today.

Boy that is tough. I came off the 4 stroke and switched to the 300 but I had one to try before hand. I can tell you that it is just a blast to ride and I don't regret the choice at all.

I'll bet you'll have more fun on the 300. Its lighter, handles better in everything except washboard. No Engine breaking as the 4 stroke. Cheap to fix and has a great following of avid users. I've seen Mx guys useing them for free style and trail riders armor them up for mountain riding. The 2 stoke engine can be dialed in for serious sand dune eating punch or made tame enough to track up a wet mountain side. If your serious about mx i think the 4 stroke has more constant power, which makes acceleration constant and predictable. But the smoker will put a smile on your face every time you start it up that the four stroke can't duplicate.