2009 crf250

Hi

I have decided to come back to motocross after a year off and am looking at buying a very clean 2009 crf250. The bike i had before was a 2007 ktm sxf250 and was wondering how this bike would compare to the ktm as i really liked the power of the ktm but wasnt overly keen on the suspension.

Thanks

John

It will handle better imo then the ktm, may not have the bottom end pull as the ktm but it not let you down either.. nice things about the crf is the price/availability of parts/aftermarket, awesome resale value for a dirtbike, good tune-able power, easy to work on.. just keep your airfilter and oil clean and ride! I would suggest going and riding the bike first before anything and see if you like it, who knows it might not be the right color for you.. main thing that bugs me about the crf is if your tall (im 6'2) it can be crowded riding compartment in stock condition

I have an 07 FCR250R. The only mods (other than suspension) I did to it was the air-box, JD jetting, and a MRD system. Changed out the stock tires and sprockets and chain. You get a FCR tuned just right and it's plenty fast, reliable, and cost effective to run.

The suspension is a different story. I've done all the work myself and have still spent a pretty penny. Torn them down four times so far and getting ready to do it again, going to lower the front and back about 1 1/2'. But, I've lowered lap times every time I've rebuilt them.

Bottom line. You can build a bike to do a hundred miles an hour. However, if you can't hold on to it after fifty miles an hour then whats the point? Yes, suspension, suspension, suspension gives the biggest BOOM for the buck. Totally agree!!