200 exc baseline

hi guys, new here and trying to figure out this "jetting database". anyway, I just got a 03 200 exc and only got to ride it once very shortly, one thing i noticed was the bike seemed to run hot, could smell just a "hotness" to it if that makes any sense, the silencer was oozing spooge all over swing arm and rear tire. also when on throttle and backing off it pinged a little...not quite sure if it was a lean ping but you know how the older big bores had that "ding ding ding" to them, it was something,ike that. anyway like i said i only got to ride for few minutes and thihs is my first ktm. i havent got chance to get in carb so i dont even know whats in there yet. can anyone piont me to some baseline jetting for south jersey area?

hi guys, new here and trying to figure out this "jetting database". anyway, I just got a 03 200 exc and only got to ride it once very shortly, one thing i noticed was the bike seemed to run hot, could smell just a "hotness" to it if that makes any sense, the silencer was oozing spooge all over swing arm and rear tire. also when on throttle and backing off it pinged a little...not quite sure if it was a lean ping but you know how the older big bores had that "ding ding ding" to them, it was something,ike that. anyway like i said i only got to ride for few minutes and thihs is my first ktm. i havent got chance to get in carb so i dont even know whats in there yet. can anyone piont me to some baseline jetting for south jersey area?

Good jetting for my '06 200 (near sea level, 60 degrees F), is:

45 pilot

DDK needle #3 pos (this is a Sudco needle)

185 main

if you have stock NOZE needle, that makes it tough to dial in since that needle is generally too rich at lower throttle openings, and too lean at larger throttle openings.

the lean on idle is probly due to the prev owner trying to get rid of the rich needle problem. Probly turned the AS out too much or changed the pilot too lean. To get it the best that it can be you will need to change the needle and other jets, needle being the key. There is a 200 jetting thread here in this forum already.