Best Quality Toy Haulers

I am starting to look at getting a Toy Hauler and would like to know what everyone considers to be the "Best" Brands out there as far as quality of build, Quality of Build and third Features.

If you can, list each of your top 5 choices and maybe a little blurb on why you like them over the others?

Joe

I am starting to look at getting a Toy Hauler and would like to know what everyone considers to be the "Best" Brands out there as far as quality of build, Quality of Build and third Features.

If you can, list each of your top 5 choices and maybe a little blurb on why you like them over the others?

Joe

Weekend Worior all the way to the bank, Ive had four toy haulers and rv's. W.W the best.

Edited by mxn4life

I have a 37 ft Weekend Warrior 5th wheel I'm looking to get rid of. It's a 2005, great shape & just put all new tires on it. Change in jobs & no time to play. Also have a 2005 Chevy that pulls it for sale as well. It only has 55,000 mile on it. Trying to get fifty grand for both

Every one of them has it's issues, head over to rv.net and read all about them. If you're buying new plan on getting an extended warranty and read the fine print. Used, inspect it thoroughly and look for structural integrity issues more than cosmetic issues.

I have a 33' Tahoe Transport, has been reasonably reliable on all aspects. WW is out of business now. Some of the people that were originally at WW left and started Eclipse. Heard they made good stuff.

Every one of them has it's issues, head over to rv.net and read all about them. If you're buying new plan on getting an extended warranty and read the fine print. Used, inspect it thoroughly and look for structural integrity issues more than cosmetic issues.

I have a 33' Tahoe Transport, has been reasonably reliable on all aspects. WW is out of business now. Some of the people that were originally at WW left and started Eclipse. Heard they made good stuff.

Crazy economy! ?

Crazy economy! ?

The economy was going to be the demise of a lot of them. Mark got in WAAAY over his head with Warrior Mfg. I know because he left us hanging on a LOT of Aluminum 5 bar tread plate.

The economy drove equity beyond reality for a lot of homeowners who used that money to fund RV's, Boats, second/third homes, etc. Business boomed for these companies, and they could not build them fast enough to keep up with demand. What do you think happens when you run above 95% of capacity? Corners get cut. The workmanship and build quality on a LOT of RV's was sub-par.

Anyway, to the OP- whatever you choose to buy just be cautious and do your homework. There ARE some good trailers out there.

+1

I've been looking into these guys and am planning a trip out to go look at there stuff http://www.azdunesport.com/index.php

First, look at their construction methods and materials.....if they use wood for framing the walls or roof, just keep walking.....scratch that, RUN FOREST RUN!

Ask about what they use, why they use it, and compare from one to the next. Metal framing in the walls is best. Ask about sheating, how it's attached, etc. Some will tell you glue is the best, and it does make for a nice looking unit, but as we all know, no glue is forever.

The economy was going to be the demise of a lot of them. Mark got in WAAAY over his head with Warrior Mfg. I know because he left us hanging on a LOT of Aluminum 5 bar tread plate.

The economy drove equity beyond reality for a lot of homeowners who used that money to fund RV's, Boats, second/third homes, etc. Business boomed for these companies, and they could not build them fast enough to keep up with demand. What do you think happens when you run above 95% of capacity? Corners get cut. The workmanship and build quality on a LOT of RV's was sub-par.

Anyway, to the OP- whatever you choose to buy just be cautious and do your homework. There ARE some good trailers out there.

Don't feel bad, we got stiffed for mid 5 figures, and still have a crap load of coated parts that we never shipped.

Don't feel bad, we got stiffed for mid 5 figures, and still have a crap load of coated parts that we never shipped.

I'm not bitter, I don't work for IMS anymore. They do still have .063 five bar if you want it. LOL

Not the first time we got stiffed- Boyd Coddington stiffed us in the early 90's when Boyd's wheels were all the rage. Performance Machine is on track to do the same thing to them.

Anyway back on topic, do your homework, there's a lot of good stuff out there to be had that is lightly used.

The best brand is the Heartland Cyclone 2010+. They made some big changes and you won't find a better built trailer out there. Cabinets are made by the Amish. They have some very good ideas and are the best out there. They are the only company that is gaining market share in this segment. They are the heaviest 5th wheel though at 18000 lbs.

There is no BEST made toy hauler. They all have their problems. the industry as a whole, including $500,000 RV's aren't constructed of the highest quality materials as a general rule.

The best advice you've been given is to go to the toy hauler forums at rv.net.com or www.trailerlife.com (they are the same forums). Those people are true experts. You will find that EVERY brand gets seriously bashed at one time or another. I would think that overall, the best made toy haulers are the Desert Fox models but they are on the heavier side and not very easy to find. Most people seem to be very happy with their 5th wheel Raptors....which are made by Keystone.

The best brand is the Heartland Cyclone 2010+. They made some big changes and you won't find a better built trailer out there. Cabinets are made by the Amish. They have some very good ideas and are the best out there. They are the only company that is gaining market share in this segment. They are the heaviest 5th wheel though at 18000 lbs.

I definitely would not want the heaviest trailer; aspecialy with todays fuel costs, I've been there. Before I had my ww; I had a 40 bus, talk about fuel consumption

Edited by mxn4life

My wife and I just got a new toy hauler. We looked at Attitudes and W.W. I was set on getting a Attitude and so we went to a dealer. Once we got there we saw a Sandstorm by Forest River. Ended up buying their new 233 SLC model. The layout was everything we wanted. I did a lot of research and as others mentioned, they all have their problems. Just pick your size and floorplan you like the best and go buy one. Get a ext warranty if you can.

Have you head any reviews on them about there quality. I'm living in So Cal and it's a bit of a drive for me to go look:bonk:.

I've just read a few of the reviews online. I'm in socal also but my mom usually flys to arizona once a week for business and we'll probably all be going soon as a family to check them out.