Reasonable labor charge?

I have a crank out of my '03 cr125 that I need pulled apart, the rod/crank bearing replaced, and the crank pressed back together. What is a reasonable price to pay for that? I can buy a whole new assembled setup for $145 so I'm hoping to beat that price.

$145 for parts and free labor for you to put it back in isn't worth it to do? Doesn't make any sense, it's not like you need to replace the whole engine and can't find cases anywhere but from a Honda dealer. What happens when you need a top end? They cost a little over a hundred bucks.

No, this engine needs a total rebuild. Parts are totaling over $600. Not worth it on a '03. The rest of the bike needs some help too.

It takes me about 2 hours to pull a cr apart and press everything back together. You would be looking at 140 bucks for that. So i think you are much better off buying the complete set if you can get your hands on it for that cheep.

I would put 600 bucks into a cr. Ohh wait i just spent 700 on a 01 cr125. The bike is basically brand new and rides better than most bikes i have rode. They havent changed much over the years.

Not if you bought it for resale, and would have more in it then it was worth you wouldn't.

If it was my personal bike that I rode I would probably fix it.

Not if you bought it for resale, and would have more in it then it was worth you wouldn't.

If it was my personal bike that I rode I would probably fix it.

Then you paid too much for it in the first place. You should have done all the figuring of costs before hand to decide if it would be worth it or not.

Then you paid too much for it in the first place. You should have done all the figuring of costs before hand to decide if it would be worth it or not.

Didn't know what all was wrong with it til afterward. I knew I could get my money back parting it out so I wasn't concerned with it.

How much are you going to sell the roller for?

I haven't thought about it. I was planning on selling everything separately so I can get my money back. Id listen to offers though. I put the back up in the parts classified section on here.

It's not worth me putting in all the time to fix it to break even, or lose money on selling it. Not the way it works with resale.

I bet you'r going to loose money parting it out.

I learned how to rebuild cranks two years ago. I machined a truing jig to remove and reinstall the lobes. works amazing

That being said if you cant rebuild them your self its not worth paying some one to rebuild one.

shoot, if I were closer to you Id buy the whole thing from you....is the tranny toast? if not the entire engine should be able to be redone for well under 500, thats for a jug, Wiseco bottom end rebuild kit, gaskets and piston kit. I did my YZ125 for 300 and that was including labor to split the cases.