KX 250 Flywheel Weight

I am planning on getting a flywheel weight for my 97 kx 250. I was on stealthys website and they have an 8,10,12oz. They have a page with recommendations for what would suit you best but they must be redoing their site because it is a blank page.

Anyway I just wanted to see what sizes people have and what you would recommend. I ride mostly trails so I am leaning towards the 12oz. but am not quite sure yet.

I know the more weight the more it mellows out the bike but I don't want to lose all of my hit.

I heard the heavier the better since there's really no difference with lighter ones. It wont hurt the power of that 97, that's for sure.

yea I have been doing some more reading up and think I will go with the heaviest one.

Yea there is no lack for power right now thats for shure. I had it out yesterday for the first time after break in since the new bottom end, replated cylinder, and new wiesco piston kit.... wow. This was the first time riding a fresh 250 for me and the hardest part was trying to keep the front wheel down.