Sign in to follow this  

any info on Husaberg/KTM FI 2-strokes?

Where did your hear that?

Husaberg will never produce a 2 stroke. 👍

rumour has it husaberg being the testing pad for ktm are going to run a 2 smoker 011/012

and i would predict it to have direct injection, makes sense

all rumour tho

ktm controls husaberg

Yes I know but I don´t think KTM will use Husaberg as a testpad for their 2 strokes. Husaberg have allway produced higheperformans 4 stroke bikes.

Who wants to buy a 2 stroke Husaberg? Their slogan is "4 stroke force"

It would be awesome if KTM came out with DI for there 2 strokes. Can't wait to see if it happens for 2011.

I'm sure their slogan is going to change anyway soon. You don't have to be Nostradamus to figure that one out.👍

Husaberg got stuck with FOURSTROKE FORCE because KTM took ready to race away

away from husaberg.

Me I like to buy a bike thats towards the end of production. By then it's trouble free and cheaper anyway.

I love my 08 husaberg. I've ridden the 09's. There nice. Still no regrets here. It's 90% rider anyway.

I rode my almost 300# 96 XR 600 seemingly faster than any of the new bikes I've had since.

Where did your hear that?

Husaberg will never produce a 2 stroke. 👍

Well, we'll see won't we...

My prediction is based on two points: first, KTM has been working on DI 2-stroke tech. for some time now, and as we all know they use Husaberg as the company guinea pig, second, there are rumors flying about regarding Husaberg producing some "unexpected" enduros.

I'm just putting two and two together.

It's kinda funny, back in '08 I dropped by the local KTM dealer to see what they thought about the upcoming FI model and he says he hasn't heard anything about it and that KTM will come out with FI before Husaberg does.

This is shortly after they decide to stop stocking 'Bergs because they're not selling well. I've started to learn that internet/magazine rumors regarding motorcycles are pratically fact. That's my two cents.

There was an on-line mag that establisged that KTM already had a DI 250SX running. The Product manager had even ridden the bike before. I would say the bike is due for next year as a late spring relase or even later. Remeber that they have alot on their plate from the RC-8 superbike, X-bow car, New ATV line-up, and working towards linkage on the motocross bikes.

KTM has been the last stand in the way of producing 2-strokes, I would think they want the recognition that would come with producing such a bike.

KTM has been the last stand in the way of producing 2-strokes, I would think they want the recognition that would come with producing such a bike.

TM Racing would be hard to beat on 2 stroke technology! Multi time Kart Champions. Rumor also has TM working on something special!?

TBM had an industry news bulletin stating that Husaberg would be releasing their own stroke line in the near future. It will contain two models, 230 and a 370. The new motors and frames will follow the same architecture as the new 390/450 4 strokes. As a side note they stated that the steep incline of the cylinder and frame design will demand fuel injection.

Just an FYI,

Walt

..Husaberg would be releasing their own stroke line in the near future. It will contain two models, 230 and a 370.

Just an FYI,

Walt

If you are talking 2-stroke line, that is cool. I just don't understand a 230???

...but then I would get the 370 anyway. 👍

Back in 1995 Dirtbike had an article on Husky 360 w fred Hoess riding it.It mentioned they had a Direct injected bike that just had to be "fine tuned" in case the ban went down but the bike absolutely ripped.I never heard anymore about it but husky obviously had something up there sleeve.Wether Dirtbike made a gaff or wanted it out on purpose I will never know.Also read somewhere 2012 will be laSt year for 2 strokes anywhere on earth:O

Also read somewhere 2012 will be laSt year for 2 strokes anywhere on earth:O

Sorry, but that is incorrect. 2-strokes are alive and doing quite well in the snowmobile and outboard motor industry. DI 2-strokes are cleaner than 4-strokes. KTM has even stated that they have technology to take the 2-stroke pass the next several rounds of increasing emissions standards in Europe. They aren't particularly concerned with CA and their CARB standards at this point, which is unfortunate for me.

I believe that we won't see DI till the earliest of 2012 though, since the cost in this depressed world economy prohibits its release. KTM has also just put big money into the new 350SXF and linkage frame development. If I recall they also just get in bed with an India investor to boost their bottom dollar.