Sign in to follow this  

690 Duke 2010 Exhaust Suggestions

Just picked this bike up on Friday, what a dream. I am looking for a after market pipe for this bike, it is so quiet and I know from putting a FMF Power Core on my 690 R what a difference opening the exhaust system up makes. Any suggestions on a pipe that sounds great, lets the power flow, but is not to loud (the FMF Power Core on the R sounds great but is a bit loud).

Thanks in advance

Congrats on the pick up man! I picked mine up back in September, couldn't imagine a sweeter ride... except for sounding like a sewing machine! I'm going with a gpr full system powercone. Its designed for the 690 sm, but I'm going to mod it up. The fmf apex sounds really nice... but if I'm paying 700 bucks for a slip on, I might as well just pay a little more for a full system. Akraprovic looks and sounds best though, but is very expensive.

ronbum,

Thanks for the suggestions, Thinking of taking the plung and going with the Akraprovic, I will let you know what I think.

I installed the Akroprovic Exhaust and had a race fuel mapping on the bike and it made a big difference in the power. It sounds great allso, a bit load though, but that is what ear plugs are for right?

i just picked picked up a gpr full system and will show it installed as soon as i can. its for the 690 sm, but it also fits the duke. I wanted more ground clearance and loved the way it look.

heres a link to a dyno run on a 690 with the gpr powercon

e.

Akra is very nice but $$$$. A lot of people use the Leo Vince pipe with quiet insert and optional spark arrestor. Another one is the FMF Q4 Ti. They'll probably all be louder than stock and depending on what you do, you may very well need a remap at the dealer (Akra map).