Sign in to follow this  

buying the new 350 need help

hi guys i have just put my name down for the new sxf 350. and am not sure if its going to be the right move am worried it will be abit of a beast and am very interested to no what every one else thinks?? ive been riding a 2009 yz450 for a year and a half and i must say the 450 is to much for a novice rider like my self but my weight is around 100kg i think i would be a bit to heavy for a 250f hence ive put my name down for the 350.

basically what i am saying is what do you guys think the 350 will be like and what bhp it will have i see cariolis bike is 58bhp witch would pull my arms out. but am i right in thinking ktm will reduce the bhp for production bikes????

The prod. bike wont have 58 hp. Not even close. I quess it will be in 47-48 hp range. A 350 will never be as powerfull as an 450 nor will it feel like one. It´s a "middle of the road" displacement bike and will more likely feel like that too. I´ve talked to people who has actually ridden it and they say it feels more like a mini-450 than a big-250 if that makes any sense to you. More grunt/torque than an 250F could ever dream about but less and more forgiving than that found on a 450. It feels lighter/easier to throw around since it has less rotational /centrifugal mass than an 450. It doesn´t feel quite as light as a 250F for the exact same reason. So- we´re exactly where i started ; It´s a middle-of-the-road bike..

if you are riding a yz450 now and can get along ok on it, you will be fine on any 350 from the perspective of it having too much power...

Since the -08/-09 450 YZF doesn´t crack the 50hp mark with stock muffler you already know how a bike in that hp range feels like 👍.

Minus ,of course , some weight, torque and rot. mass...