Sign in to follow this  

Making a KX 125 Woods Ready

Just like the title says what all do I need to do (small budget) to make a KX 125 able to be good in the woods? Not looking to win races just wanting to play and maybe race everynow and again? Right now it is ALL STOCK!

Any and all help appreciated!

what year is your bike. i have a 2005 kx125 and i have full fmf system on it and bored out to a 144, but when you are boreing a bike out that watch out for the carb ajustments and other things, i woods ride abit and my bike is good, a good fuel mixture for woods riding is 40:1. just keep the bike in its powerband or high RPM's and it should be good to go

144 makes the bottom end so much better, i have mine ported for top end and it still has way better bottom then stock...

i say....

144, ported for bottom

armor

fatty and powercore2(turbinecore2 is better up top)

FWW

suspension

maybe a trials tire

first thing i would do is a skidplate an rad gaurds.protect what will end up costing more money than you want to spend.then ride it an figure out were its lacking for you.then fix whats lacking .every rider is different an you have to figure out what will work for you.but first protect youre investment.nothing kills a day an wallet like a crushed radiator or cracked cases.just my 2 cents.

Kawie

I had a '06 YZ125 before my KX250. I did a FWW, skid plate, V-Force reeds, Q silencer, radiator and hand guards, pipe guard, WR250 petcock (for reserve fuel) and new springs on both ends. It ended up being a really great trail bike. I wish I still had it. I could ride that bike all day and not be tired where the KX250 will wear my but out in half the time.

You can see all the mods I did here: https://thumpertalk.com/forum/garage.php?do=viewvehicle&vid=12117

Haha, budget sensitive order...

jet it correctly

two teeth on rear sprocket

fww

good sneakers

armor everywhere

suspension