Sign in to follow this  

Is this a good combo deal on tires?

These Dunlops are MX tires, and based on the user reviews they will probably work well for you on the track. If you are still planning to ride some trail they will probably work OK there too, but hard pack trail might wear them out faster and you might sacrifice some grip on the trail too. Consider how much % of your riding will be track vs. trail and get a tire that matches that balance. Or if you have the money, get another set of wheels and mount one set with the offroad tires and the other set with MX tires. Wheels are super easy to change.

If you are going to stick primarily to trails, the best tire I saw (my opinion) in the list would be the Dunlop 952. They last longer than most of the mx specific tires in the list. That being said, if you are riding tracks only and want maximum traction it probably is not the tire for you. For an all around tire, I think they work well.

I just paid around $75 per for MX51's from Motorcycle superstore.com. Check the price for the same tire there to be sure.

I had some 742s on my bike and I did not like them. The front wouldn't stick to anything. I've heard the other Dunlops aren't as bad though.

Looks like Rockymountain would be around $118 if buying MX51s, and you don't have to pay $5 per order for tire handling that motosport charges.

Looks like Rockymountain would be around $118 if buying MX51s, and you don't have to pay $5 per order for tire handling that motosport charges.

YES, but Rocky also has the 756 front and rear for $54.99 each + $10 off for buying a set. Thats $99.98 a set

Any size.. I use the 756 and 952 to race tight hard packed trails. Both hook up good.