Sign in to follow this  

DR200SE carb Q and Honda 230 Q

Hi all, newbie here. Looking for some info on two little 4 strokes:

Recently I started having carb problems with my 2006 DR200SE and was thinking of replacing it with a 'conventional' MIKUNI 28mm round slide from Sudco.

Sudco has no idea where to start in jetting this carb for this application. Would jet sizes for an older Honda XR200 get us into the ballpark?

Has anyone replaced the stock carb on this bike? Seems like it should be a simple thing.

Second Question is regarding the new Honda 230 street version. (not the motard):

I presently own a 2003 dirt version.

Did they do anything to the engine in the new street version to make it just a tad less responsive? Like add some flywheel weight or even fit a slightly slower throttle? Believe it or not I think my dirt version is too responsive to be much fun when just riding around....especially while going very slow.

Thanks!

Peter

Livermore CA.

Regarding the Honda, I rode a buddy's 2008 230L a few weeks ago in 40°F weather. That bike is a prime example of one that needs rejetted from the get-go. I had to run the choke 1/3 to 1/2 on for the first mile or so. With the choke on the throttle response was not too bad. After that mile the engine would not idle with the choke on. With no choke, the off idle response was awful. Going along on a flat road at 30-35 mph, the bike would actually slow down when I slowly twisted the throttle from idle position. I rode it enough to get it good and warm and this did not change. I guess that's what you have to live with for 90 mpg!