Sign in to follow this  

Where is my fuse?

Well really quick this morning before work I looked for it but did not find it. My battery is charged but the bike will not start. There is no click or anything, so I assume its a blown fuse, but cant find that little guy. Any help? Thanks, Drew

Behind the right side cover, you will see a fuse.... Thats not it, thats the spare but its attached to the bundle that has the fuse.

There are 3 plastic mounts that mount all the electronic components to the rear fender. Slide it all off and it should sperate into two parts. There you will find the main fuse.

Its part 9 but its all wrapped in a rubber mount. Once you take it off the fender mount it will be obvious. Remember to replace your spare in the spare holder or you may get stuck some day!

14KSC401_KSC4F2600.gif

If the fuse went, it was for a reason. Look for a shorted wire around the steering stem. Mine was the kill switch wire that shorted out. Wrap the wire and you will be good.

Thanks guys! I will give yall an update when I fix and diagnose the problem.

Drew

Tail light wiring is suspect too, one of the wires is hot even with the engine shut off.

Its part 9 but its all wrapped in a rubber mount. Once you take it off the fender mount it will be obvious. Remember to replace your spare in the spare holder or you may get stuck some day!

14KSC401_KSC4F2600.gif

I think your pic is showing the replacement fuse??

>I think your pic is showing the replacement fuse??

Could be the spare but the black rubber plastic assembly right next to it is where you will find the actual fuse. You have to sort of peel the rubber back off the assembly to get to where the fuse goes for real.