Sign in to follow this  

Arizona mounting the OHV plate . . .

Hey guys what is the best way to mount the plate? What location? screws? zip ties? Thanks in advance.

bolt it up in the "wheelwell" above the rear tire ........ use lock nuts

cool, thx guys. I found this plate holder when I was dual sporting my 450 but it seems like it would just add more weight in a vulnerable area. CIMG0095.jpg

Those of us who fall frequently have found that mounting the plate lengthwise along the fender rather than horizontally across the fender make it last longer.

I just velcro'd mine to the top of the back fender, so far has never fallen off.

67scode

+1...👍 seems to work just fine.... sticky velcro... peel it off if you wanna go to the track... and the plate will not fall off if u don't want it to... a solid mount for $2.99...

Ziptied it to my chest protector but then i switched to an under protector so i just bolted it to my rear fender. Wasnt really excited about putting holes in my fender but there wasnt a better place to put it.

I mounted the plate for my son's bike on the front # plate.

FYI, the Man will tell you it has to be mounted where it can be visible from the rear. I have mine mounted in the rear wheel well with bolts, locknuts and some gasket sealer. It works, but an MCSO posse member harassed a buddy of mine for mounting his back there.

Thanks for all the insight guys. I would think zip tying to a roost protector or fanny pack would also give harassment?

Thanks for all the insight guys. I would think zip tying to a roost protector or fanny pack would also give harassment?

yes, the code states the plate has to be mounted to the rear of the bike, not on your body...... and that the plate must be visiable from the rear.

as far as the "MCSO posse member harassed a buddy of mine for mounting his back there" .... ask the "member" where you should mount it??

I bet he would have came up with somthing like this .... picture.php?albumid=305&pictureid=2475

FYI, the Man will tell you it has to be mounted where it can be visible from the rear. I have mine mounted in the rear wheel well with bolts, locknuts and some gasket sealer. It works, but an MCSO posse member harassed a buddy of mine for mounting his back there.

Yeah, I know. It was quick and easy for the time being and just haven't moved it yet.

Yup, it has to be attached to the bike. On my previous bike, I bolted it to the top of the fender but I like having it tucked up in the wheel well better. Leave it to Arizona to regulate something and screw it up. A simple sticker on the front forks like what Ca or Co requires would have been sufficient.

yes, the code states the plate has to be mounted to the rear of the bike, not on your body...... and that the plate must be visiable from the rear.

as far as the "MCSO posse member harassed a buddy of mine for mounting his back there" .... ask the "member" where you should mount it??

I bet he would have came up with somthing like this .... picture.php?albumid=305&pictureid=2475

I think those guy's have more time than brains.