Sign in to follow this  

drz speedo question

i have searched all over but could not find an answer to my question which is: did any ofthe drz 400's come without a speedometer? or with rims with out the speedometer tabs? i thought maybe the K would or maybe an E. does anyone know?

I believe that the E and K have just the odo and not a full speedo but I could be wrong. You might try asking in the DRZ forum.

My S has the full speedo BTW. Are you looking to add one? If yes then the Trail Tech speedo's are the way to go.

I've been told there's an off-road only DR-Z400 which would imply no speedo, no speedo cable necessary.

Good news however, I have a 200 parts bike that I'd bet you could cobble together the pieces to use a speedo on from it, everything but the speedo that is.

I'm in central PA if you wanna look at what I've got and compare it to what you have.

no i have a vapor already i was just curious if any drz came with rims that didnt have the two fingers on the hubs that went into the speedo gear houseing.

As far as I know, Vapor is a great choice. I have one too that I haven't mounted yet, but will once the D/S conversion is more complete.