2008 rm 250 new how long still available

hey guys .. i am wondering how long we will be able to get the rm 250 latest model new ? is suzuki still building them or did they stop it already ?

As far as I know while the US Importer stopped in '08, world wide they are still available. If your local dealership doesn't sell them ~ find a new one. As to how long Suzuki will still be building them, that just boils down to simple economics. If riders keep buying them then Suzuki will keep selling them.

Edited by zig06
New keyboard is killing my spelling ...

Why are they still on US Suzuki's 2010 website. I think a "good" Suzuki dealer could probably call and see if any new 08's are still available.

Worth a shot.....too bad they ain't no "good" Suzuki dealers in my area.

Your making a very good point, why would Suzuki advertise the '08 RM250 to a market like the U.S.A. and not actully sell it here??

I think there are 08's in the warehouse BUT Since there is a surplus of 4t's right now they really want to push them out the door. Stry is the same across the board for every dealer. "Have any 2T's left?" Dealer says "Sorry, Sold out. I'll make you a hell of a deal on this thumper though!"

My local stealer did that to me, I hung around long enough nibbleing at the 4T and said nevermind I want a 2t. They magically had one they overlooked in the crate still sitting on the shelf. Unfortunately they wanted 7K for it and wouldn't budge.

I think there are 08's in the warehouse BUT Since there is a surplus of 4t's right now they really want to push them out the door. Stry is the same across the board for every dealer. "Have any 2T's left?" Dealer says "Sorry, Sold out. I'll make you a hell of a deal on this thumper though!"

My local stealer did that to me, I hung around long enough nibbleing at the 4T and said nevermind I want a 2t. They magically had one they overlooked in the crate still sitting on the shelf. Unfortunately they wanted 7K for it and wouldn't budge.

the cheapest 08 rm 250 new is offered here in germany for 4950 EUR

(4950 * 1,35 = 6682 USD)

may be i should get one just to have another in stock ;-)

How the heck do they ask $1k more than suggested retail? Since the MC Industry is in bad shape right now, I say let them go out of business as they don't deserve to be in business doing shady things like that.

I still think a dealer that knows what it takes to have a satisfied customer can get a new 08 from Suzuki.

All R&D basically halted on the RM250s in 2005 - so any RM 2005+ on is pretty much the same bike. But like you guys I love the bike and was horrified to hear they stopped making them. So horrified in fact I pounced on another '05 when I found a good deal on one.

Unless the frame is wonked, you can replace the crank and top end for fresh-feeling bike for less than a top end on a 4 stroke!

If you really want that 'new' feeling, tear down the girl and replace all the bearings, and service your suspension.

WAY cheaper than what a new one costs (IF you can find one!)

having said all that if I won the lotto tomorrow I'd buy another freakin' RM250 and pretty much leave the engine bone stock and ride the snot out of it.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2798/4385715780_d9ab49325e_o.jpg