Sign in to follow this  

Throttle Cable Routing

I searched through the threads hoping to find some pics of throttle cable routing from the housing, through the frame and to the carb. I just replaced both my cables and for whatever reason they seem to be sticky. Can someone please post a few pics of your routing?

Thanks

Bummer I just got a new phone and had picts in there of the routing:banghead:. I went to a dealer and snapped photos. They lie on top of the radiator next to the cap, then they go on the outside of the frame spar and then through the smaller brace between below the main frame spar. The key is making sure you use the plastic clamp to hold it close to that lower frame piece where the radiator shroud mounts.

Thanks, I'll take a closer look. If anyone ever gets some pics though, it would be nice to see those too.

CaptainJ - I need to replace the cable on my 250X (bubble in the line-cable must have frayed). How did you get to the carb? Did you have to remove the air box/sub frame? Just trying to gauge how much time to set aside. Thanks.