Sign in to follow this  

ktm sx-f 450 07

i blow my water pump seals and when we riped it a part we didn't know that the water pump shaft was balanced with the motor. so how do u put it back in time with the motor? any help would be great!!!!!!!!! thanks to all!!

I had the same issue. Remove the valve cover and set the engine at Top dead center TDC on the compresstion stroke. The water pump shaft has a timing mark on the side of the gear that faces in. You need to mark that spot on the out board side (Side that faces the water pump) of the gear.The weighted part of the gear should be on the bottom. Whan you install the clutch cover there is a little insection hole in it (The allen head plug). Line the spot you marked up with the timing mark on the drive gear and your done. It is alittle hard to see the marks threw the hole but it is possible

I had the same issue. Remove the valve cover and set the engine at Top dead center TDC on the compresstion stroke. The water pump shaft has a timing mark on the side of the gear that faces in. You need to mark that spot on the out board side (Side that faces the water pump) of the gear.The weighted part of the gear should be on the bottom. Whan you install the clutch cover there is a little insection hole in it (The allen head plug). Line the spot you marked up with the timing mark on the drive gear and your done. It is alittle hard to see the marks threw the hole but it is possible

set it to TDC

Insert the holding pin into the "inspection hole" (pin should match up with the timing mark on balance shaft [wp] gear)

install cover

remove pin